If you could attend only one airshow which would it be?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bad-Karma

Airman 1st Class
Aug 5, 2014
Rock Hill SC
Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here at work daydreaming of an airshow vacation. We have warbirds over monroe here locally in Charlotte but the variety is slim. So that got me wondering if I were going to travel where in the world would the best air show be? I was thinking maybe a trip to the UK for the flying legends show. This would also allow me to visit Snetterton Heath air field where my grandfather was stationed. I believe it's a motorcycle track now. Airfare would be taken care of with miles but I'm sure between lodging and everything I'd still be looking at a couple grand.

My other thought is the planes of fame airshow in Chino. Would be cheaper and not sure if I would be missing out on anything other than lots more variety of the British aircraft. Theres also Oshkosh which seems to have a lot of cool classes that you can take if you stay the week.

What do you guys think?

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot to mention the show needs to have a B17.

My choice would be Oshkosh with Chino a close second. Chino does have really nice museum in two sections. How ever as I live in Fresno, Chino is only a few hours away from where I live.

wow surprised Oshkosh is pulling out ahead. I could probably drive it and make a nice road trip out of it. I've never been to Chicago or Indianapolis. Would be cheaper to drive as well and could prob drop the flight money on a B17 flight :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back