IJAAF and IJNAS.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Saw this one...seen the kit, but not the profile and I'm not sure that those red, white, black and blue markings are in there....

65_9_zps49116517.jpg

Saw this one...seen the kit, but not the profile and I'm not sure that those red, white, black and blue markings are in there....

65_9_zps49116517.jpg

Funny you posted that one. I found it as well but bypassed it simply because it looks funny or something way out. I would love to see a real photo of this plane if this profile is accurate.

Funny you posted that one. I found it as well but bypassed it simply because it looks funny or something way out. I would love to see a real photo of this plane if this profile is accurate.

On that note.....the profile triggered a search.....

What do you think about this Paul....:D

Image Sourced from the Internet

Attachments

• c6n_762-13.jpg
    c6n_762-13.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
On that note.....the profile triggered a search.....

What do you think about this Paul....:D

Image Sourced from the Internet

Still in shock Wayne, I never tried looking for it but had seen the profile in a book but no picture. It really is a surprise to me though because the Japanese from every thing I have read never really did stuff like that on there aircraft other then a few individualists. Any idea on what its suppose to represent?

glad you like it Paul, I found it during a search one time but I can't recall just where, I think it was part of a discussion somewhere...if I can track down further details will let you know.

Can still get the kit as well....
Why those odd markings btw, what's different between this and the other '13'?

well get me one then...:D
The "Z Flag" markings would have a meaning or reference to something, will check further, now when you say "what's different between this and the other '13' " not sure
What you mean , I'm missing something...?

Being one that prefer using Vallejo Air, how do I best replicate the shades of green between Mitsubishi, Nakajima, Kawanishi etc., etc.?
Plus, that Green 35, H61, as it says in instructions for the Hasegawa A6M2b Type 21 Zero, for the Pearl Harbor attack...always thought it greyish! :lol:
Interesting that they had different shades between manufacturers, how come that they didn't have a 'Standard', or did they?

The different manufacturers as far as I know, each used in essence their own protective primers and coatings, or didn't at all, along with manufacturer consideration/interpretation of 'stardard' paint specs issued from the Naval or Army brass.

Some of the many colouring are to do with the different material requirements for use within the typical Naval Army enviromental issues anti- corrosion protections, along with the weather solar degredation weathering within differeing areas of deployment.

And then there is the logistical supplies of paints from the associated paint makers to localised repair bases and on to the technical sections at forward areas that could, did or didn't contain old stocks as well as locally sourced/captured paints stocks either that could be mixed up to approximate colourings for repairs and/or retouchings too.

Last edited:
Jan,

There is suppose to be a A6M2 zero at Airventure this week, I am heading out there starting tomorrow and will see if I can get some walk around shots for you. Its suppose to be one of only 3 that can currently fly.

Actually forgot about this one, took these a few years back :)

Attachments

• HPIM1200.JPG
    HPIM1200.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 90
  • HPIM1201.JPG
    HPIM1201.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 90
  • HPIM1203.JPG
    HPIM1203.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 100
  • HPIM1204.JPG
    HPIM1204.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 79
  • HPIM1205.JPG
    HPIM1205.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 89
  • HPIM1255.JPG
    HPIM1255.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 98
  • HPIM1256.JPG
    HPIM1256.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 91
  • HPIM1257.JPG
    HPIM1257.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
LOL, maybe I already have the pictures from years past, found these from a few years back :)

Attachments

• HPIM0650.JPG
    HPIM0650.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 96
  • HPIM0651.JPG
    HPIM0651.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 97
  • HPIM0652.JPG
    HPIM0652.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 92
  • HPIM0653.JPG
    HPIM0653.JPG