IJAAF and IJNAS....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great shots Paul, A1-1-129 clearly showing the early glossy finish of the Zero as it really was when first applied, it did eventually change and fade to a matt Grey colour over time and exposure, only in the later years did the upper colour change when applied to a satin to matt finish with the addition of a talc additive.

Quite fancy doing something like this one, how do you best, easiest, replicate the camouflage?
I've these as low as '11' could there have been a '13' too? :oops: :D

65_4_b1_zps1e3c02db.jpg

Seeing that Hasegawa have several different Ki-45 Nick, which would be correct to do this one, HAJT065 (at Hannants) looks to be a good match, going by the tail marking, but the nose looks different, or is it just me? :lol:

65_4_b1_zps1e3c02db.jpg

Much obliged Geo, will see which one it is.....
Also bought this one, for less than half the Hasegawa price, have seen range from £43 and up to $245 (HKD)!!! :shock:
Comes with decals for two birds, the one in the boxart and one with a somewhat similar camouflage as the one above from the 53rd...

HA09925_zpse227c709.jpg

Geo,

Seems like all the Nick, that I can find, has a different belly mounted cannon, from the one showing in the profile...it's more built in, smooth to the fuselage.

There are 2 boxings for the 53rd Sentai aircraft, will dig out both...as I do have them and let you know whether they are exactly the same or if they have slight differences...

Cheers Geo,
It sure helps!
It's a different cannon from the above profile, isn't it?
Did they have different cannons or are the profile incorrect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back