Il-2 Min Requirements?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
I just bought a new laptop...
Pentium III Mobile CPU 1200 MHz
790 MHz 256 MB RAM
with S-3 Graphic SuperSavage/IXC 1014 graphic card

Is it enough for playing Il-2? I guess it's OK only I'm not sure with the RAM...... I'd like to hear your experiences with minimum configuration.......

Thanks for help.
Pisis

Shitty situation...... I hate having laptop cause it's very difficult to upgrade them. I wanted to buy a new pc but this laptop was from a friend of mine and a complete bargain. Damn!

requirements (u know, i play PF with only 256MB RAM)
Supported OS: Windows98/ME/XP/2000 only
Processor: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 1GHz
(Pentium Iv 2.4GHz recommended <-thats exactly my processor)
Video Card: DirectX 9 compliant with 64MB RAM <-i have 64mb ram video card too

Suppoerted Video Cards at time of releaseATI Radeon 7000/8000/9000/TX familias
NVIDIA GeForce 256/2/3/4/FX/6 families
Matrox parhelia
Intel GMA 925X/915P/915G chipsets

Latptop models of these cards not fully supported, these chipsets are the onnly ones that will run the game. Additiona; chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit FAQ ar http://support.ubi.com
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compliant
DirectX version DirectX 9 or higher (inc. on disc)
CD ROM 4x CD-ROM or better
Hard Drive Space 1.1+ GB
Multiplayer(optional): Broadband internet connection

Wow this thread is old! Time to blow off some of the dust and make another post.

Anyway I just got the game. Two games actually IL-2 and IL-2 Forgotten Battles (both in one pack for $10. Not bad I guess).

I just installed one version (Not quite sure which one, I think it's the FB) but I can't install the other. For my first question; if I can install one, shouldn't the system requirements for that one be sufficient for the other?

For my second question; it's knowing how to check if what I have meets or exceeds the min requirements.

The game requires:
Windows XP (only).........I have this

Pentium III 800 or AMN Athlon 700 or better.........no idea what this is or how to check for it.

256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)......according to my Computer's C drive properties I have about 40 GB free space.

2 GB free hard disc space....... 40 GB, I should be good on this.

32 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible 3d video card.........don't know what this is or how to check for it

Direct X 8.1 compatible sound card..........same for this one

4x CD-Rom or better (not recommended for use with CD-RWs)........and this one

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• flight sim.JPG
    flight sim.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 60
Wow this thread is old! Time to blow off some of the dust and make another post.

Anyway I just got the game. Two games actually IL-2 and IL-2 Forgotten Battles (both in one pack for $10. Not bad I guess).

I just installed one version (Not quite sure which one, I think it's the FB) but I can't install the other. For my first question; if I can install one, shouldn't the system requirements for that one be sufficient for the other?

For my second question; it's knowing how to check if what I have meets or exceeds the min requirements.

The game requires:
Windows XP (only).........I have this

Pentium III 800 or AMN Athlon 700 or better.........no idea what this is or how to check for it.
if your computer is less then 8 years old, you probably have the required CPU, to be sure, select "System" in you configuration screen. It tells you what CPU you have
256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)......according to my Computer's C drive properties I have about 40 GB free space.

This is about Ram (memory to work with), not Hard disk space. Ram are the memory chips in your computer, while your C-drive is on a magnetic disk called the Harddrive. In the same screen as mentioned before, you can see the amount of Memory your computer has

2 GB free hard disc space....... 40 GB, I should be good on this. Yup

32 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible 3d video card.........don't know what this is or how to check for it

You're probably allright if your computer is less then 8 years old, but to check this, look at you configuration screen, hardware. There should be mentioned a Graphic adapter or graphics card. Maybe you could post the name which you see there, for me to check.Probably sone Geforce ore Ati Radean with a number. Geforece higher then version 1 will work

Direct X 8.1 compatible sound card..........same for this one

Don't worry, no problem, if you have sound, Ill2 will be heard :)

4x CD-Rom or better (not recommended for use with CD-RWs)........and this one

Probably no problem, you'll have a very ancient computer if it doesn't apply to this requirement.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Answers in Black.

Les, I believe FB is a game on it's own. I have FB, but not the original Il2 game. You can install Il2 Forgotten battles on it's own. This is the best one of the two. If your computer doesn't meet the requirements, then Il2 Sturmovic will probably still work as it was designed for older machines.

IL-2 1946 will give you FB and Pacific Fighters together and will alow you to be on the same game as most everyone.

Still having problems installing the game.

I can get to the pictured page, but "Readme" and "Exit" are the only selectable options.

I checked my system Marcel. Here's what I got:

Operating Sys: Microsoft Windows XP home ed.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 502MB RAM and 40GB hard disk space
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

For the 3d video card, I couldn't find the configuration screen, but I managed to find this under the "Sounds and audio" Hardware properties:

-SigmaTel High Def Audio CODEC (not sure if this is it)

Not sure if this helps any. Any help I do get is appreciated- I'm starting to run out of ideas on what to do.

Attachments

• FB.JPG
    FB.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 74
Hi Velius,

Your CPU is allright, the fact that it states that you have 2 cpu's makes me suspect that you actually have a dualcore, not recognised by XP. But no problems there.
RAM memory is enough, no problems there.
Soundcard is ok as you're running DirectX9 without sound problems.

The screen below is unusual. Maybe Les was right and you got the original with a FB add-on. Have you tried installing the older "Sturmovic" version first?

You shouldn't need both versions installed together. FB was the 'sequel' to IL-2, and as such was a stand-alone, incorporating the events covered in IL-2s static campaigns within it's own dynamic campaign system.

TBH Velius, you would have been much better off buying 1946, as you will find very few people playing online with any version lower than v4.08 - FB on it's own is about v3.03, IIRC, and even if you add Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific fighters, you would still have to buy 1946 and re-install the lot to get to v4.07...

The screen below is unusual. Maybe Les was right and you got the original with a FB add-on. Have you tried installing the older "Sturmovic" version first?

Yup, and it plays without any problems, but FB still won't give me the "Install" option.

TBH Velius, you would have been much better off buying 1946, as you will find very few people playing online with any version lower than v4.08 - FB on it's own is about v3.03, IIRC, and even if you add Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific fighters, you would still have to buy 1946 and re-install the lot to get to v4.07...

I got these two because it was in a store (i.e. didn't have to get it on-line) and it was $10. Next time I get the opportunity, I'll think about getting 46.

hi velius,

well i have the 3 games and il-2, il-2 FB and il-2 1946 are stand alone games. now my laptop has 1024mb memory and arround the same harddrive you have and it runs fine on it.
but now that i look at ur screenshot i get a feeling that ur graphicscard needs an update (its just a feeling, maybe its already up-to-date)

"For the 3d video card, I couldn't find the configuration screen, but I managed to find this under the "Sounds and audio" Hardware properties:

-SigmaTel High Def Audio CODEC (not sure if this is it)"

did you try this? Start>run> dxdiag
there you should find ur videocard at monitor tab (or screen-tab).
maybe you can find out if ur graphicscard is alright or out-dated.

sturmer

hi velius,did you try this? Start>run> dxdiag
there you should find ur videocard at monitor tab (or screen-tab).
maybe you can find out if ur graphicscard is alright or out-dated.sturmer

Would it say "3D" card somewhere or am I looking for something else? The closest thing to the monitor or screen tab that I have is the "Display" tab. Here is what I got from it:

Name: Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corp.
Chip Type: (same as name)
DAC type: Internal

This help me any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back