IL-2 videos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is a good one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z1CRAHgGUs

It's the one I posted in the "Hammered but Made it home" thread.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvzEUHRjtX0 This one has good music (Ghoultown "Wicked Man") and some good scenes, but the editing could be a bit better and the trasitions are a bit anoying.

And another Brewster one, with particular historical significance: Last flight of Brewster BW-372 (this is the Brewster that was recovered a few years ago)

At the request of Lawndart and RedBeard, I made a full version of the He162 video "shooting" the bridges at Vitebsk.

It's my first ever full-length video with music, and after spending quite some time editing the video AND the music, I have a much deeper respect for Dan's efforts, all of which blow this vid totally out of the water.

They say practice makes perfect, so at this rate, I should be able to make a decent video in about, say, 10 years or so...

So that being said, enjoy! :)

Attachments

• He162_full.wmv
    18.6 MB · Views: 47
At the request of Lawndart and RedBeard, I made a full version of the He162 video "shooting" the bridges at Vitebsk.

It's my first ever full-length video with music, and after spending quite some time editing the video AND the music, I have a much deeper respect for Dan's efforts, all of which blow this vid totally out of the water.

They say practice makes perfect, so at this rate, I should be able to make a decent video in about, say, 10 years or so...

DAMN!!

Now that's what I'm talking about. The tunes fit the flight and it was an excellent first try. I guess this means the rest will only get better.........lol

You done great bud, now, WE, that means all three of us need to produce a "bomber run" to show to the masses.............lol

Heck of a job bud......

Thanks, I had fun making it! Heck of a learning experience, but what a huge black-hole of time, just to get a few minutes worth of footage!

Ozzy seemed to fit the ticket, though I had to edit the song a little to fit the video's timeframe...

I thought for sure someone would have noticed what the Airspeed Indicator was registering when I levelled out for my run! :thumbright:

OK guys, here's my first official movie!

Unlike the He162 video which was a converted .TRK, this is a representation of the skies over Berlin, spring 1945.

While I worked to keep the aircraft and situations accurately represented, I didn't go into too much detail this time around. It was pretty much a learning curve to see how some ideas would work out, etc. but I think I'll pick a shorter song next time because making these movies is a time killer that has no equal!

Anyway, Enjoy!

Attachments

• EndGame.wmv
    28.4 MB · Views: 54
Pretty damn good David... I like the music choice... U did some moves in there that I really liked, where u went super close up on the plane...

Thanks, Dan! That track by Rammstein has an incredible amount of energy in it, and I had a heck of a time working that element into the video. For the readers' benefit, the track is "Mein Herz Brennt" from the album "Mutter".

I did notice that there was a slight stutter in the final cut, when I play it back. I'm thinking now that I may not have had the frame rate set right, but this all comes under that thing called the "learning curve"...

The closeups was something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and I think my favorite is the falling "buff" after the Fw190A-8 takes it down. I'll go back through my clips and find it, and post it for a screenshot!

Both good videos, well done.

Thanks Gnomey, glad you enjoyed it!

OK guys, here's my first official movie!

Unlike the He162 video which was a converted .TRK, this is a representation of the skies over Berlin, spring 1945.

While I worked to keep the aircraft and situations accurately represented, I didn't go into too much detail this time around. It was pretty much a learning curve to see how some ideas would work out, etc. but I think I'll pick a shorter song next time because making these movies is a time killer that has no equal!

Anyway, Enjoy!

Ok bud, that was some kickass video goin on there. The tunes rocked and fit the tempo of the video. Had a bit of the sketchin but nothing that couldn't be tolerated.

You did a great job and hope to see another soon.

too bad they take soo damn long to make, huh?

lmao...yeah, it's a bummer, but the end result is more than worth it.

By the way, go back and tell me who's 'Stang that is at the 3:15 point in the movie... :thumbright:

Holy Cr*p Weasel!! That there be a mad Irishman!

Finally got the chance to sit down and review, then log in and reply, sorry for the delay Davie.

Don't bother to ask what was my 'fave part' 'cause I liked the whole thing.. Sis liked it too, but she is partial to 'Angry Germans'.. I had some sketching to start but it smoothed out... clips and tune meshed well I thought... gonna be interesting to see what comes oozing out that brain of yours.. when you come screaming out of this learning curve you speak of...

Nicely done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back