IL-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a bit more like the real thing - great grey scudding things full of rain! You've been in Southern California too long! :lol:

Right, it would appear that Skorpy has actually done something useful for once. - he's pasted the link for the 3.03 patch on the H.G site, which I've copied here at the bottom of the 'Read me'.

Here is the 3.03/3.03m version of the readme file.

README
Pacific Fighters v.3.03 (3.03m)

Warning

The current version 3.03 (3.03m) is not compatible with the previous versions of the game when playing via network. Both the server and client must have appropriate versions of the game in order to connect.

For your convenience we've introduced different version numbers for the stand-alone installation and the joint FB+AEP+PF install.
3.03 – for stand alone PF
3.03m – for FB+AEP+PF
And of course, the versions 3.03 and 3.03m are not compatible with each other playing via network.

Notes on the Patch Installation

This 3.03 patch may be installed over the previous 3.0 stand alone version.
The 3.03m patch version can only be installed over the merged PF 3.0 install (FB+AEP+PF).

This 3.03 patch maybe installed as well over 3.01(3.01m) or 3.02b(3,02bm) with corresponding installation versions.

To install the patch, run
1) Stand alone PF: PF_patch303.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.

2) Merget install FB+AEP+PF: PF_patch303m.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.

Notice: The new method tested in 3.01 and 3.02 need more work for protection of possible online cheaters. So currently we release such exe file only for dedicated server.

Notice: the main purpose of this patch

The version 3.03 makes compatible online all the language versions that are released or coming soon in several countries.

Main modifications and fixes

3D models

1. More inaccuracies in cockpit gauges are corrected (however still several cockpit changes with some levers and indicators will be available only in the add-on with new planes later).
2. Corrected many minor glitches.

FM and aircraft performance

1. Additional minor individual tuning of flight models and aircraft performance were made (Dive speed F4F for example).
2. Reworked physics model of automatic multi-stage supercharger (most visible result - on FW-190A/F, P-51s and some others).

Other improvements:

1. Multiplay: Corrected on client side the ships damaged. Corrected respawn method for more than one carrier on the dogfight map at once for one army.
2. Improved visibility of some ships, vehicles and columns.
3. Additional fixes for dynamic campaign.
4. Corrected external fuel tanks on Spitfire IX and Spitfire VIII
5. Corrected rocket loadout for Seafire
6. Corrected bomb racks for Spitfire IX
7. Corrected several non-destructable ground vehicles
8. Corrected compass of P-38s

New objects:
1. Static smokes
2. Static fires
3. Static airfield electric lights

http://patches.ubi.com/pacific_fighters/

Static fire? What's that? I hear you cry. Well, you now have the ability to turn whole city districts into open air crematoria at the click of a mouse button! Here's some screenshots from Hot Space's curry night.

Attachments

• hotspacescurrynight.jpg
    hotspacescurrynight.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 766
  • hotspacescurrynight1.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 750
  • hotspacescurrynight2.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 752
Anyway, here's some screenshots of the expected 'Murmansk' map, which is being created by Ian Boys.

Should appear in the New Year!

Attachments

• murmanskpic.jpg
    murmanskpic.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 734
  • murmanskpic2.jpg
    murmanskpic2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 731
  • murmanskpic3.jpg
    murmanskpic3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 712
I ain't quite finished yet... here are some third party models which you'll probably never see in the game. Ah well, only a Savoia-Marchetti 79 - who on earth would want to build a Mediterranean convoy scenario, or a ground attack raid on an Italian airbase in North Africa...

Or a Spit XIV? Who'd want a Rolls Royce Griffon 65 2050hp engine, to intercept and shoot up V1 rockets with? - ha!

Attachments

• sm.jpg
    sm.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 708
  • spitxiv.jpg
    spitxiv.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 729
What's all this!!!!!!

Talking about no-CD cracks! That's vulgar and obscene! (direct quote from a certain 'god mod')

Just to make it quite clear, we have a no 'tollerance' policy regarding use of beards, eye-patches, and one legged parrots called Jake.

Thank you for your attention und Sieg Heil!

Medvedya said:
What's all this!!!!!!

Talking about no-CD cracks! That's vulgar and obscene! (direct quote from a certain 'god mod')

Just to make it quite clear, we have a no 'tollerance' policy regarding use of beards, eye-patches, and one legged parrots called Jake.

Thank you for your attention und Sieg Heil!

Ummm... :-k ...I'm sorry, then? :dontknow:

Don't worry, I couldn't resist parodying nameless indviduals back at Il2skins. :lol: In fact, the more you talk about no-CD cracks and illicit downloads the better I'd like it.

I'd just lurrvve one of those Ubi mods to come over and give me a piece of their mind - bring it on! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :

cheddar cheese said:
Why does the SM.79 up there only have one engine?

That puppy is very much 'work in progress' The trouble is, even if you can find updates of projects, you have to wade through mountains of different sites, forums and threads, to just to find out what's cooking and might end up in a patch.

Don't even think about it mate, it'll never happen. There's a polygon limit of 3000 that all 3rd party models have to meet for it to be fed into the Il2 game engine code.

It's very hard, because Oleg and Co have very high quality standards where new models are concerned, but the models have to be small enough as well to fit into the game.

There are also huge commerical powers at work as well. If the third party guys were let loose they'd start making all kinds of esoteric warbirds and people would be so happy with them, they'd not want to buy any more flight sims.

You might see the S.M in a BoB patch, but here's the catch. You're gonna need a computer that's like something NASA owns to play BoB efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back