IMPORTANT REMINDER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Would those of you have entered, or are intending to enter, the Pacific Theatre Group Build, please ensure that you include the information required, as shown in the Group Build Rules, regarding the scale and Category.
If you have not already done this, please do so now.
If you are unfamiliar with the requirements for the modelling Group Builds, please take the time to read the Group Build Rules, and the PTO Group Build Guidelines, both of which are posted in the Group Builds section.
The above information is essential for judging this, and all future Group Builds, as there will be a First, Second and Third place for each scale and category and, if you have not included this information, in the event of a tie, you could miss out!
The first Group Build, Defence of the Reich, is only being judged on an overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, being as it is the first attempt, and somewhat basic.
If you are unsure of anything regarding the rules, then please contact one of the judges.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Terry.

Ah ha! At the moment you're east of me, but if you move you'll be west of me! Gets me confused, but at least you'll be able to go for a pint with Keith!
Hope you can manage something mate, but don't worry if you can't.

Love too mate! I've actually been thinking about it, so I can visit Keith, if I can get a cheap flight from Manchester. It'll have to wait until later this year though, when I've got the Czech trip sorted, and have some spare(!) cash.

Thanks Daniel and Cory. If you see this Dan, could you insert the Categories into the respective members start threads please?

I have to say I would not want to be a judge on this PTO build. The level of skill since the last GB has increased incredibly based on what everyone's progress is so far. Man, this will be tough!

You're not wrong there Chris! The last GB was a sod to judge, there were so many good points about all the models entered. As you rightly point out, the skill levels have jumped a step or six, and judging this GB, with all the diverse types etc, is going to be a challenge! Think I'll take up crochet!

The trick is to be reviewing the builds as you go and printing out the judging score sheet and then pencil in initial point scores that you can review and change later as you get a feel for each entrants build as it goes along.

Hmmm. I've seen the previous builds and have to admit everyone is gonna be on their games for this GB. Have fun, judges. I think the skills will be on the increase from here on out. That said I think the categories will have to be better defined relative to the detail expected in each category through a consensus of the judges. And, regardless of the category(s) claimed by the contestant(s) it will be up to the judges to decide the category after the completion of each entrants model based exclusively and objectively on the quality of the kit, build/mod and finish. Otherwise this is going to tailspin in the judges corner. Good luck all.

I think you could be right Joe! This started out as a 'KISS' project, in order not to become too cumbersome, but as the number of entries grow, and skill levels improve, it looks like future GB's might need more structuring. I think we judges need to talk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back