Into the White

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry Mike, I meant time for me to look on Amazon - see if a 'normal' DVD version is available, to play on my computer, as I don't have a TV.

Good on you, Airframes. TV is such a waste of time and money. If I could only convince my family of same. VERY expensive for the few channels anybody watches.

...but I do like my soccer on a big 1020p 60". :toothy5:

That's the problem Matt. I have no interest in football (soccer to our American cousins), and find it boring and over-hyped.
On British TV, it seems to be mainly 'footie' or soaps, sprinkled with the inane drivel of 'reality TV'. There are the odd (sometimes relatively good) documentaries on aviation or military subjects, most re-makes of better, original documentaries, but, for the cost of the TV, and the stupid licence fee, it's cheaper to get these on DVD, or watch on, for example, BBC 'I Player'.
So, when the TV on/off switch lost the will to work, and with the cost of repair being more than the cost of a new TV, I said 'B*ll*cks', dumped the old TV and didn't replace it.

Out here in boonie-land i'd need 500ft tall rabbits and when the conversion to digital occured you have to be within 2-3 degrees of dead-on to pick up the signal, then there is internet which if not cable has to be dial-up. So we had little choice but to go with a cable bundle or smoke signals. Satellite is available and a good deal for the 1st year then they sock-it to you in the 2nd when prices triple and there is no internet as such (download yes, upload via telephone).
There has been some talk about pay-as-you-go cable where you pick 1, 2, 3, .... channels that you want. We get 80 channels and I watch maybe 5.
There must be video rental in the UK. $1.99 for 5 days or $0.99 if I bring back the next day

Last edited:
Just watched the movie.

Is it the best of all time? No.
Is it predictable? Absolutely
Was it an enjoyable movie to watch? Heck yeah. I thought it was well done on an obviously low budget.

The movie makes me think of "Enemy Mine" and another one (Hell in the Pacific?) about an American and a Japanese aviator stranded on a Pacific Island. The story has been done a few times, but I'd be interested to see their spin on it.

Don't want to give much away but the German characters were very likable and Rupert Grint's character was filled with hatred towards the Nazi's. His accent was also difficult to understand at times. 98% of the movie took place in 1 room (thus I assumed low budget). The British commander reminded me (very loosely) of Sir Alec Guinness in Bridge Over The River Kwai where he was rigid and at times unwavering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back