INVESTIGATION: Need Help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Over on Facebook I came across a guy who claims he just bought Hartmann's Bf 109 along with a P-38. He made the claim that Hartmann flew over Belgium, etc. I asked him some questions and checked his FB page where he is claiming he bought these aircraft along with going after a Bf 109K.

Anybody know anymore about this?

This is the pic he posted which looks like its from Evergreen Aviation Space Museum, McMinnville, OR,

. here is the FB page...His name is Steven Brewer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/126073580757532/868669186497964/?notif_t=group_comment

I'd have to check my facts but off the top of my head I'm not aware of Hartmann flying any 109s over Belgium. All in the east. Sounds pretty fishy.

I didn't think that there any surviving Bf109K examples left...

Wait...and this clown says that Hartmann flew over Belgium?

This guy is 100% full of sh!t...Hartmann was purely Ost-front; Jg52 his entire service. The closest he ever got to Belgium during combat ops would have been Czechslovakia

Last edited:
And I just called Evergreen Aviation and Space museum who state the G-10 is not for sale and won't be.

$4.5 million my azz.

and is there any P-38s for sale?

Ok, just got a PM from his friend.

I dunno............................

Anyway the aircraft was never flown by Hartmann. In fact it was probably never flown in service by a German.

I believe it is currently fitted with later wings from a Buchon.

Painting a dubious 'restoration' to look a bit like one of Hartmann's aircraft hardly makes it his

The entire story is BS.

Cheers

Steve

He went straight east from training. It was a Russian Boston I believe.

Nope. Brief stint as commander of I/JG53. Also trained on 262's before returning to JG52.
lol...yes, there was that...a 14 day assignment (February 1945). However, Jg53 was certainly eastern front at that point in time.

As far as the Me262, he attended the conversion program meeting, but declined Galland's request to transfer to Jv44 (this would have been in March '45) and was back in combat by April '45 as Gruppenkommandeur of I./JG 52.

As far as Belgium goes, I cannot see any reference whatsoever where he would have been that far west, either active or even on rest leave.

yup, I./JG 53 was also Ostfront.

Here is the convo I am having with his friend......

from friend.....I have some records in the post which I am waiting for.....hopefully will conclude if Hartmann ever did operate off the Belgium border....it wasn't his usual hunting ground. We will see!

and me....

Just looked into the guy's profile and I see where a person asked him if he's purchasing the Messerschmitt Bf109G-10 of Evergreen's collection and he states that he is.

That Bf109 of theirs, if I'm not mistaken, is a former Bf109 of the Royal Bulgarian Airforce (RBAF) and is not an aircraft that Hartmann flew.

Platinum fighters does have the P-38L listed as for sale for $6.7 million.

He claimed that Evergreen doesn't own the 109 yet the FAA registration lists only Evergreen as owner with no fractional owners.

A little info on Evergreen's 109:

More info on thier 109:

Yeah, he's full of sh!t...

It's been owned by Evergreen since the late 80's and certainly the FAA would know better than anyone.

But you notice in that thread at FB, the 5th post down, where he posted the Evergreen photo, he sates: "Erich "Bubi" Hartmann 109 G that he flew missions over Belgium in ."

Which is wrong all across the board. That particular Bf109 was built at Erla and went straight to Bulgaria. Hartmann never flew the plane, it wasn't even in German service. It was operated in the Balkans during it's service career and most likely never saw any other areas of Europe...ever. There is a strong possibility that Hartmann has never even laid eyes on it in his lifetime.

So again, this person is entirely and completely full of sh!t...

That particular Bf109 was built at Erla

Messerschmitt 109G-10 / U4 W.Nr.610937

Built in 1944 by WNF

That WNr is a WNF number.

The guy who says he is buying the a/c has a VERY big shovel.

You are not the only one B-G.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread