INVESTIGATION: Need Help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree about WNF, as that WkNmr. falls into the batch produced between December '44 and January '45. The highest WkNmr. from Erla during that same time period, was 491500.

That was just the information on the aircraft stated.

* Edit *
I see the Erla reference now, yes, I did accidently put it in my last post because I was in a hurry to an appointment!

It seems multi-tasking is not my specialty :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh! He's bought a flight suit - instant 'warbird' pilot!
What a load of bollocks!
OK, maybe Walter Mitty has put a bid in for both aircraft, but the whole thing sounds like a crock of overweight Hippocroccofrog crap top me !
I'm just off to purchase half a dozen Spitfire XIV's ... from.. er....

Perhaps he means he bought it on World Of Warplanes......

I just went through The Blond Knight of Germany and it does not say anything about Belgium at all.
Nice!

I was thinking along those lines, too.

And if you look at the long list of claims, you'll see that either Hartmann was indeed engaged on the Ost-front, or else there were one hellova lot of Russian aircraft over Belgium! :evil4:

I believe Hartmann DID fly from the eastern front on occasion to return to Berlin, particularly when receiving an award or going home for some reason, but I've never heard of him operating over Belgium. I know he flew the Fw 190 from the factory just for evaluation, but I don't believe he flew combat with it ... it was a factory familiarization flight or flights.

When I was in Oregon for about a year and a half, not far from McMinville, the Evedrgreen Bf 109 was purportedly owned by the Evergreen Museum (or Del SMith), and was largely reworked from a corroded airframe. Several Bf 109 enthusiasts were upset about that at the time, but the aircraft was not airworthy in pre-restoration condition. Whether or not it is now is unknown to me.

If you ever get around the area, also go see the Tilamook Museum. It's worth the trip, and the Tilamook beef jerky plant is worth a visit if you lean that way.

Last edited:
Yeah and on that tool's "about" section, he says he owns a Warbird Restoration company...

Where's Matt and his "hit the dumbass with a shovel" GIF when you need him?

And a Sons of Anarchy Bar as well...

On his actual facebook page he is talking about needing someone to find him a Fw190 for his collection.

The guy is actually funny. I get a trip out of him.

I have an MG81 gunsight from a Ju88...so I guess (by his logic) that I am the proud owner of a Ju88, can I join his club?

Contact him.

Tell him you are the owner of an original fully airworthy Heinkel He 177, and are willing to sell or trade.

Seriously do it. If I had not already called him out I would.

Even better someone should try and sell him a Ju 87. When he asks for pics, show him pics of the one at tge RAF Museum.

Well, I would sell him mine if the price was right. Oh...you didn't know I owned one?

Here, let me show you a picture of it. This was taken a few years ago on my way back from lunch in Reno...

Afrika3.jpg

:evil4:

Its not Shooter2000 is it I remember having an interesting discussion with him on a forum where he claimed to have been a works Porsche 917 driver in the 60s and 70s and owned a Jaguar D type and a Ferrari 512 but couldnt remember where he bought them.

I don't know if you guys saw any of his posts but when I called him on why Evergreen denied everything he said, he stated that it was the banks and you know how that goes. His friend, who he told me had all the evidence about my inquires, stated that it wasn't general knowledge because things can go wrong.

So I asked them both, was posting this stuff on Facebook appropriate? His buddy told me to "assume" he is genuine which I replied I will not. I really do wish I could post his profanity-laced PM threatening me that he would report me to Facebook. My reply was XXX rated.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back