Iron Maiden world tour in 2016 ...in a 747 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My first girlfriend loved Iron Maiden in 1979, I saw them about 1981....I feel freakin old.....waaaaah

I knew I can count on you, nuuumannn :D

Going to call my brother ASAP too, just in case he didn't noticed.

My first girlfriend loved Iron Maiden in 1979, I saw them about 1981....I feel freakin old.....waaaaah

You're only as young as the girl you feel...

The Book of Souls is riding high in the album charts at Number 1 throughout most of Europe and at Number 2 in New Zealand and Australia (always a bit behind in this part of the world) it's currently at Number 4 in the US and expected to reach Number 1 in the UK, the fifth Iron Maiden Album to do so. Tour dates for Australia, New Zealand and South Efrica announced.

Iron Maiden Official Website

Sorry Man! :)

Got my ticket! Yee Haaa!

If they had class, it would have been a Constellation

Ha haa! It's interesting that Iron Maiden could fit their entire crew and gear into a 757, the original Ed Force One that they used on their previous two tours, and now they've graduated to a 747 - so Bruce Dickinson now has a 747 rating - I say this because when U2 did their last world tour, it took two Antonov 124s to transport their gear about. One for their enormous egos and the other for their gear - and I reckon Bono never set foot in the cockpit!

Okay, the 1st date is announced for Europe - June 2016, concert in Arnhem, The Netherlands.

Speaking as a REALLY OLD maiden fan? It's all been done.
Sad but true.
I saw YOUNG Bruce (in his absolute prime) on the "Beast on the Road" tour in 1982. They were second on the bill, behind the Scorpions, who were touring the "Blackout" album. I was a huge Scorpions fan and knew jack about Maiden, except for the fact that I had bought the "Beast" album...and I loved it. The energy that Bruce brought to Harris' songwriting was a force to be reckoned with.
They ignored (for the most part) the entire DiAnno period. Two songs: Wrathchild and Iron Maiden. The rest of the set was the Beast album. Gangland was the only song that never got played.
Bruce hit every scream true to the recorded record- and that is REALLY saying something.
As a Scorpions fan (I WAS there to see them after all) I was left with the feeling...how on earth do Klaus and Rudi respond?
Suffice to say: the response was satisfying. I (to this day) remain perturbed that "China White" (from "Blackout") never got a live treatment. Other than that? It's safe to say that 90% of the people walked away to go and find out more about this "NEW" band- Iron Maiden. I saw the next three tours after that... but Bruce was burnt by then.
Nothing will EVER touch that evening in the Kinsmen Fieldhouse. EVER. There are thousands of people in cyberspace claiming to have been at this gig (ca. 6000 tickets sold). It was truly THAT epic. Enough said.
I seriously doubt that Mr. Dickinson even remembers the show.
As someone in his position at that time? Another day, another city?
Tour logs from the period would be interesting to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back