Irrational dislikes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here in the Netherlands it takes quite often half a year or more before you get your driving license. And still we got some bad drivers around here.

Here in the Netherlands it takes quite often half a year or more before you get your driving license. And still we got some bad drivers around here.

Oh don't take me wrong, there are plenty of terrible drivers in Germany too.

I just complain about the place I am living at the moment. When in Germany, I am shaking my fists at the idiots there. :D

See, I don't concider Drivers Ed in school professional. Just more passing on of bad habits.

To get my drivers license in Germany, I had to go through a 3 month driving course that included class room training, Autobahn Driving, Inclement WX Driving, Emergency Stoppages, City Driving, Night Driving, First Aid, etc.

I am a firm believer in Official Driving Schools.
Technically German drivers are the best in Europe and possibly the world. However the problem is that 10% are not as good as they think they are, when it comes to pile ups they produce some spectacular examples, also among the best in the world.

I have an irrational hatred of the one guy at every wedding i do that is having a baaarbie or grill (depending on which bit of the colonies your from :lol: ) who must come over when i am setting up and procede to tell me how he does his BBQ at home !
Rochie, all this comes under the term "competitive fire lighting" I referred to before, no matter what one guy does another guy has a better way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an irrational hatred of the one guy at every wedding i do that is having a baaarbie or grill (depending on which bit of the colonies your from :lol: ) who must come over when i am setting up and procede to tell me how he does his BBQ at home !

"Yes Sir i reply, thats a great idea and will work wonderfully when cooking for six but i am catering for 200 of you f###ers whilst also running a restaurant kitchen all while following a draconian set of health and safety rules, son if you would kindly piss off and let me get on with it it would be much appreciated"

At least you're polite! :lol:

timidity at the controls that might lead her to not stop/avoid an accident.
Not to worry, not necessary any more cars now stop themselves, park themselves, look behind themselves, look for cars/ect. to the sides AND warn you if you can't keep it in your lane. You just have to get in the correct seat. Of course having TWO pedals can be confusing AND they are not marked

A small that that I find irrational in the USA your light switches are upside down. Up is off, down is on, simple really. Or is that just in my brothers house?

Well, of course. In the late 1700s teamsters in France and the United States began hauling farm products in big wagons pulled by several pairs of horses. These wagons had no driver's seat; instead the driver sat on the left rear horse, so he could keep his right arm free to lash the team. Since he was sitting on the left, he naturally wanted everybody to pass on the left so he could look down and make sure he kept clear of the oncoming wagon's wheels. Therefore he kept to the right side of the road.

The Dutch always had an extraordinary talent for having a small accident on the approaches to Schipol airport every time I flew from it. Never serious, just a bump between two or three cars that produced a tailback long enough for me to be in danger of missing my flight. I have no doubt that since I stopped working in Northern Europe they will keep their eyes on the car in front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back