Is it really worth it?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've even heard that Testosterone causes prostate cancer. Does that mean castration to prevent cancer? If so, I will choose to die.

Yes, I did oversimplify the issue but that was actually almost word for word what my doc said when he started on why I needed to urgently see a dietician. They said diet is definitely a significant factor once you have many cancers.

It was interesting to read through your detailed summary and tick off my risk indicators - over 65, in Australia (and I refused to give up bacon because surely that can't hurt me).

Interestingly when diagnosed I met an 84 year old who was diagnosed 23 years earlier. His recommendation was immediate surgery as two of his friends got it, had chemo and died soon after. Another three years later he is still around, my prostate is gone but my cancer had gone from low grade at the time of the biopsy to very aggressive and in the surgery margins in under 12 months. I will not blame the bacon - just the person eating it when he should have listened to the dietician. Now of course bacon can no longer hurt me

Last edited:
I've even heard that Testosterone causes prostate cancer. Does that mean castration to prevent cancer? If so, I will choose to die.

Prostate removal prevents erection. There is an operation that can fix that but my surgeon says it costs over $30,000 and does not know anyone who has had sex more than once after the "remedial" operation.

And the thought that a Vasectomy can increase the odds of getting prostate cancer has been debunked. The most recent studies by the Mayo Clinic have shown this to be false.

I had a Vas done in December, and did a lot of research on this before hand.

Congratulations on becoming a sporting model. Production models have far higher stress which is bad for their health

Last edited:
that was actually almost word for word what my doc said
MDs spend the majority of their time trying to explain some complex medical issues to people who flunked 6th grade science and wouldn't know an osteoblast from an osteoclast. Hence they tend to treat all patients as if they had an IQ of 80 and dumb-down everything. It took me a while to convince my Cardio doc that he could actually use words of more than one syllable in his discussions with me.
Cancer cells require the same nutritional substances as do any other cell in the body and more so due to their uncontrolled replication rate. Cancer cells even secrete a substance that encourages the development of capillaries into the developing tumor bringing more blood and nutrition to support the tumor's rapid development.

As father of three daughters, I concur. So far, my middle daughter (she may be found in girls and planes) is the only one providing grandchildren. A grand daughter who recently provided a great granddaughter. My grandson though, is similar to the public service TV ad about exercise. Growing up with only sisters was good training.

Users who are viewing this thread