Israelis ‘blew apart Syrian nuclear cache’

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If Israel seriously believed there were nuclear materials in Syria, they would not respond in such a limited way.

I wish USA people would also start thinking that way. Stop all this PC crap and crush Iran via air strikes and cruise missiles. We don't have to send in troops to hurt Iran.................lets just do 3 weeks of air strikes 24 hours a day.

And in 3 weeks time you would have a very annoyed Iran, people united behind their government, and far more determined to acquire nuclear weapons.

You would also have oil prices of over $150 a barrel (meaning $5 - $6 a gallon in the US), a huge upsurge in terrorism in Iraq, Iran in bed with China and the worst recession the west has seen since the 1930s. And at best it would set the Iranian nuclear programme back 2 or 3 years.

I think that a limited strike on Iran wouldn't work as Iran would go on the offensive. Best defence is a good offensive.

The Iranian military would have to be destroyed tank by tank and the huge country invaded. Now that would be a scale of warfare not since WW2. To simply say bomb this or bomb that is oversimplification.

To attack Iran would be Total War. Not an air strike.

Has Israel ever messed around? They're all business, all the time.

I do remember the flyover story. I don't buy the "oops, we didn't know whose airspace we were in," nor do I buy "we scared them so they dropped their tanks and left." They were there to do something, but I imagine something of this magnitude would have made the news by now. I'd hate to work for an intelligence agency, you have to make pure conjecture on incomplete and often wrong data.

Has Israel ever messed around? They're all business, all the time.

I do remember the flyover story. I don't buy the "oops, we didn't know whose airspace we were in," nor do I buy "we scared them so they dropped their tanks and left." They were there to do something, but I imagine something of this magnitude would have made the news by now. I'd hate to work for an intelligence agency, you have to make pure conjecture on incomplete and often wrong data.

You don't accidentally penetrate airspace like that as a professional pilot. Not to mention they likely have charts with them on flights, plus they probably have airspace boundaries pre-loaded in the GPS and back themselves up with navaid radial/DME cuts.

Doesnt need to be radioactive. Could be bomb making material.

That covers a huge amount of ground. Could be anything. I would think if they were getting anything from North Korea, it would be materials that were enriched.

True, could be bomb casing materials or enhancement stuff.

...its only a matter of time. Since the hostage crisis things have only been deteriorating. If Clinton gets in office, she'll do it. She'll do it just to show that she pulls her zipper down to piss like any other man. God help us.

Its all over AvWeek. Claims are that it was a weapons cache hidden in the desert and there was a suspected nuclear tie from N.Korea to Iran using Syria as the middleman.

On a side note, Isreal just launched a spysat that supposedly has resolution on par with older U-2 capabilities and the orbit is such that two of them are aimed at Iran.

I still have problems to believe the story.

Yes, it could be possible, but I fear it is only (again) a hoax.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
IT was just after midnight when the 69th Squadron of Israeli F15Is crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria's formidable air defences went dead. An audacious raid on a Syrian target 50 miles from the Iraqi border was under way.

At a rendezvous point on the ground, a Shaldag air force commando team was waiting to direct their laser beams at the target for the approaching jets. The team had arrived a day earlier, taking up position near a large underground depot. Soon the bunkers were in flames.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I' m pretty sure, there air force is equipped with the newest weapons and they always get the most modern guided bombs/rockets/missles from usa.
And I'm pretty sure, they have GPS guided bombs.
They bombed bunkers...
Bunkers are buildings, they don't run away. You just didn't need a special force team, who mark the targets! You just use the coordinates, which you got from the satelite pictures...
How does the special force team reach the target site? By helicopters? How did they get back?:evil:
These are one of several questions, I have...
I have just not the time, to write more.
I'm have just not the time, to go online and if I'm online, I have to do something else...

I still have problems to believe the story.

Yes, it could be possible, but I fear it is only (again) a hoax.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
IT was just after midnight when the 69th Squadron of Israeli F15Is crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria's formidable air defences went dead. An audacious raid on a Syrian target 50 miles from the Iraqi border was under way.

At a rendezvous point on the ground, a Shaldag air force commando team was waiting to direct their laser beams at the target for the approaching jets. The team had arrived a day earlier, taking up position near a large underground depot. Soon the bunkers were in flames.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I' m pretty sure, there air force is equipped with the newest weapons and they always get the most modern guided bombs/rockets/missles from usa.
And I'm pretty sure, they have GPS guided bombs.
They bombed bunkers...
Bunkers are buildings, they don't run away. You just didn't need a special force team, who mark the targets! You just use the coordinates, which you got from the satelite pictures...
How does the special force team reach the target site? By helicopters? How did they get back?:evil:
These are one of several questions, I have...
I have just not the time, to write more.
I'm have just not the time, to go online and if I'm online, I have to do something else...

I dont believe it either but painting a target with a laser is an extra measure of accuracy......

T4.H. You show more than a little ignorance in this day of PC warfighting. I'm not going to dispute the claim of nuke facility or not. But to state that a ground contingent in the scenario obviates the logic is a bit naive. Les and Eric can tell you better than I ever could imagine in my feeble engineering brain, but a ground contingent affords (1) confidence in the target, (2) minimization of collateral damage on potential non-military target(s), (3) target destruction confirmation, and (4) post strike activity.

Yep, pinpoint accuracy, verification of target destroyed and some damn good BDA (battle damage assessment). Sorry , but satellites and phot recon are no substitute for good old grunt work. Plus the team on the ground can provide further verification of a target before it is hit. Let's face it, good camouflage will hide things from satellites. GPS will only do you good if you know where the target is.

How they get in and out is something that I am sure will never be discussed. There is a certain amount of OPSec that must be maintained, should the need arise to again use the same methods.

You can fear it a hoax if you wish T4h, but it is not a hoax and there is far more to the story than you will ever read about or hear about on the news.

Bottom line, the Israelis did the right thing, and they did it well.

lets face it the IDF or whatever name you want to give the military of Israel could very well be numero uno when it comes to planning and carrying out stealth operations in a quick and much effective manner ............ their past ops have shown this repeatedly with just precission. if given the chance Tehran's ruthless hierarchy could be shattered in a matter of seconds if willed, as well as Syrias or any other wanna be mideast ruling body

Israel reportedly had spy in Syrian plant : World
Israel reportedly had spy in Syrian plant

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 Israel had a spy inside the Syrian facility that its air force bombed last month, providing photographs that proved it was a nuclear plant, ABC News reported.

ABC cited a source described as a senior U.S. official who said the Israeli intelligence agency, the Mossad, either recruited a worker at the facility or got one of its own agents hired.

The official described the facility as being deep inside Syria near the Euphrates River in an area "where no one would ever go unless you had a reason to go there." He said the Israeli photographs showed a structure with thick reinforced walls and a pumping station.

The design was North Korean, the official said.

The United States reportedly refused to take action because the facility was still under construction and several years away from completion, and because there was no fissionable material there.

More on the "hoax"... :| ....As some have put it..

Photos said to show Israeli target in Syria - Washington Post - MSNBC.com

And on the "using a man on the ground to spot"... Thats how "I" would do it ...It shows Syria that someone "can" get that close to what there doing..Having a man on the ground was a good "PR" move for Israeli...Its like the B-52 ..It just works for the job..And why use high tec...When low tec will do the job..Do all young people real think "new is good ..and old is bad"..:|..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back