Italeri P40N - Kittyhawk IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Big conicidence - I just posted over on my Monogram Mustang thread about making scratch built PSP. The only ones I found on the net cost more than my model. Didn't see one at Eduard, Airframes. Do you know they make it for sure? [EDIT - Never mind, found it!]

Sweb's method is my last resort, although the drinking part sounds good. I though of a sewing machine or making a ponce wheel but have not tried either one.

Last edited:
I have just had my order from Hannants, not quite what I expected. I was hoping for a sheet of PSP that could be cut up as I wanted. Instead I have a diorama base of PSP.

P6180118.jpg

Is this the Eduard one FB? I was also under the impression that it was in sections, or maybe even separate lengths. It looked that way in the pics I saw on the Eduard web-site. I did see some elsewhere, quite some time ago, that was either injection moulded or possibly resin, that 'clicked' together; this might have been the Verlinden stuff, or maybe Flightpath, and might even have been 1/35th or 1/32nd scale, I honestly can't remember as it was a few years back. If it was Flightpath's, then it would almost certainly be PE, and expensive!
I'm toying with the idea of making a master, to see if I can either cast some PSP, or maybe heat-mould it, but I think it's going to be a lengthy and tricky process to obtain 'clean' examples. Anybody got a metal press going cheap?!!!
EDIT: Forgot to ask, what material is it made from, and do you think it can be accurately cut to required lrngth/shape/size etc?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info mate. I've still got a 5 feet length of PSP, and some scale drawings. It would be much easier for modellers to use Sommerfield matting I suppose, if the 'scene' calls for it. This can be simulated with fabric mesh or net, approriately painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back