Italian Stuka - From the Hasegawa kit in 1:32.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks to all for the very nice messages!
I did some progress, in the meantime, as I added the darker color to the splinter and rectified two errors in the canopy, but I'm away from home for the Year End, so I will post the photos next year, when I will be back in Milan.
Happy New Year to everybody!
Alberto

... so I will post the photos next year, when I will be back in Milan.
Happy New Year to everybody!
Alberto

Hello!
Hera are just a couple photos to show the splinter, then my camera battery asked for some new life!
DSCN1705.JPG
DSCN1706.JPG

some more may be tomorrow.
Cheers
Alberto

Looking good. But what is the lighter colour used for the top camo scheme?

Hi, the lighter color is RLM 71, as suggested by instruction.
For this I have used #H64 from Gunze Aqueous Hobby Color. May be the artificial light create some strange effect, but pls let me know if you think it's somewhat wrong.
Cheers
Alberto

Yep it might have been caused by the artificial light. I have found a model of Ju-88 painted with them and it looks almost the same like your paint. However it seems to be of too much of olive ( brownish ) tonality.

the pic source.... MODELPLAC

Gunze H64.jpg

But if it looks like the one below it means all is fine. The RLM70 on left and the RLM71 on right.

RLM 70-71.jpg

Many thanks!,
Besides we have about 2 deg C here in Milan, tomorrow, if the sun will be so kind to show up, I will go outside to check those colors and, may be, take a couple of pictures.
Alberto

The temperature is almost the same here in Poland. But the ground-frost might appear at night and some of the white stuff might come down.

We should really try to ask Wayne to send here in Europe some of the 42C he has in Australia: it will be better for him and very good for us ....

You can but I'm not a suicide. If the temperature hit 42C here I would move to Finland or farther into the North. :lol:

Well, we have seen up to 38C here in Milan some Summers ago, but what I was meaning was that if Wayne send us 20 C, it will be 22C for both Europe and Australia ...

I tried to take a couple of pictures outside, while a bit of sun was still reaching my balcony.
Besides the long shadows, it seems that I have captured the real color that should look correct now.
See here a comparison between yesterday and today.
Presentazione standard1.jpg

I also corrected a couple of errors on my vacu-formed canopy: straightened one vertical frame and painted central horizontal frame on the outside too.
Canopy adj.jpg

Next step will be to prepare masks and paint the white cross on the rudder and the white band on rear fuselage.

Also I will have to find a way to make the individual codes for this bird
decal 216 VIII.jpg

No problem for the red roman numbers, I can make a decal or even cut a mask, but I'm in troubles for the 10 mm tall white "216". My printer, as most of them, doesn't print white and producing a mask seems to be quite challenging, any other idea?
Cheers
Alberto

Alberto, I'll check my spares to see if I have something close to the 216 numbers. I assume you need two. Failing that, what you could do is print the above scan to white decal paper. Make the 216 clear and keep some of the backgound colour, making it match as closely as possible the background colour of your model.

Humm... undoubtedly the colour looks more like RLM02 than the RLM71. I think it is incorrect one. The difference between tonalities of RLM70 and RLM71 is almost imperceptible in B&W images.

Attachments

• ju872.jpg
    ju872.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 126
  • ju871.jpg
    ju871.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back