Italian Stuka - From the Hasegawa kit in 1:32.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. Now the contrast between these two colours looks better. A good work Alberto. :)

Hi,
I also did some progress on my Stuka.

First I spayed some "verde oliva scuro" (dark olive green) on areas on the fuselage and the fin where German signs where supposed to be. Surprisingly enough, for me, the shade of this Italian color (I used Misterkit) is very close to RLM 71 from Vallejo but the difference can be seen.
Then I sprayed-on the white fuselage band and the white Savoy cross on fin and rudder.
The portion on the fin is OK, but that one on the rudder was so awful that I had to clean it completly and start again. Here the pictures.
DSCN1777-vi.jpg

DSCN1776-vi.jpg

Then I had to simulate the over-painting on wing surfaces.
On the upper one, the German crosses were white, so there will be no problem in covering them with the "verde oliva scuro".
A different story for lower surfaces where the German crosses were black and I presume that over-painting with "grigio azzurro chiaro" (light blue-grey) would have left some black still visible, so I sprayed-on these crosses:

DSCN1778.JPG
DSCN1779.JPG

Tomorrow I should be able to cover them, hopefully with a good effect; finger crossed.

Any comment/suggestion is welcome as always.
Cheers
Alberto

Last edited:
Made some steps forward.

Re-done the rudder painting
DSCN1800.JPG
DSCN1801.JPG

and over-sprayed the lower wing crosses that can still partially seen underneath

DSCN1797.JPG
DSCN1798.JPG
DSCN1799.JPG

Done also the over-spray of upper wing crosses but no good pictures available. I will try again tomorrow, hopefully with the sunlight.
Thanks for looking.
Alberto

I enjoyed doing one of these in 1/48 but in this scale I recon it would be even greater fun. Looks good.

Hi, about the German crosses on the upper wing surfaces, as thy were white I thought that simply spraying a patch of Verde Oliva Scuro would make the job.
This was the outcome:
DSCN1809.JPG
DSCN1811.JPG

I didn't like this solution that, possibly, could also be historically incorrect.
Then it came back to my mind that I had this picture:
Ju 87 D 216 squadr.jpg

Showing not the same aircraft but one belonging to the same Squadriglia and where it's clearly seen that the white crosses were just oversprayed with something dark.

So I tried to replicate that:
DSCN1817.JPG
DSCN1818.JPG
DSCN1822.JPG
DSCN1823.JPG

What do you think?
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back