Joe Baugher

JDCAVE

Senior Airman
616
1,065
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
I never knew the man or his research until I saw that he had died. Forum members may know more but it seems the legacy of his research continues after his passing,


Jim
 
Sad news about Joe Baugher :pilotsalute:, peace to his soul and condolences to the family.
His site is very useful for enthusiasts like us and it is a touching and beautiful initiative that someone decides to continue his work.
Thanks to Joe Baugher for his amazing work and thanks to Marco Dirkx for perpetuating this work.
 
:pilotsalute:
 
:pilotsalute: RIP, Joe. You will be sorely missed. Thank you Marco for keeping this alive.
 
I was at the Canadian Warplane Heritage site and this was posted there

1703991365962.png
 
That's a bit of a gut punch. Baugher's research—which didn't end at his Air Force serial numbers catalog—is simply incredible. I've relied on it extensively over the years as part of my research into this crew but especially the history of the B-17 and 2nd Bomb Group. Now I wish I had taken the time, like I thought I should do on occasion, to thank him for his monumental contribution to expanding and preserving military aviation history. Damn. Fair skies, indeed.
 
:pilotsalute:

Wheels
 
I never knew the man or his research until I saw that he had died. Forum members may know more but it seems the legacy of his research continues after his passing,


Jim
I didn't know Joe had passed.
My condolences to his family and friends. :pilotsalute:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back