Join the Army or go to jail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a tad bit upset Adler, sorry! Accusing US soldiers of war crimes....and not mention those b*st*rds... I have nothing but the outmost respect for you guys, should it be needed, I'll be first in line to pick up your weapon....freedom is worth fighting for, even if some people are too stupid or ignorant to realize that..

Motivated because when the people come to power, and democracy(?) is installed once again, those that was working for Saddam will be in deep sh*t me thinks...

And what would all that the suicide bombers be called then? Never mentioned them. THAT is war crime to me....how many have they killed, and civilians too, remember?

I have mentioned it...I wrote something, I have still not finished. Before I edited it.
Terrorists are no soldiers. These are terrorists.
Also if the other side commits war crimes, you didn't have the right to do so.

Adler:
You are talking about the incident in Falujah correct? Do you know the whole story? I take it no...

Right before this happened the wounded Iraqi had just killed this soldiers battle buddy. In the shock and anger that he felt he killed the man who killed his friend.

Yeah he probably should not have done so, however unless you have felt what he felt dont judge the man for a mistake. It was not a war crime.

For me it is a war crime

Did you want to understand me wrong?

I wrote:
>>>>>>
And around the world, the US Army is nowadays famous for there war-crimes especially in Irak...
>>>>>>
Did I say, they commit many? Or more than expected? I wanted to say, that everone in the world starts to believe it. Ok, perhaps, this sentence could be understood on the wrong way.

Now I will finish in this thread. It's useless. Believe, what you want to believe, define, how you want to defin war crime.

I'm now frustrated and demotivated to dicuss any further with you about this.

T4 has never read the GENEVA convention, it's obvious when he cannot even spell it. The GENEVA convention marks soldiers as those fighting in uniform, under the GENEVA convention anyone who fights in civilian clothing can be considered a spy and shot on the spot. The GENEVA convention also makes no mention of high calibre rounds being illegal against enemy personel.

T4.H it is easy to judge a young soldier when you are sitting in a comfortable living room and not on the battlefield with him.

You are entitled to your own opinion and that is fine but this whole discussion would have been a lot easier if you had not said that US Soldiers are unintelligent and not motivated. Especially when there are US soldiers and Ex US soldiers (like myself) in this forum.

I dont take it very kindly to being called unintelligent...

See what I mean?

Oh........DOGH! Sorry Adler, missed that... I owe you a nice dram mate. :lol:

I told you allready once before that you need to be careful what you say. Me and my wife might be touring England, Scotland and Ireland next year. If we are up there I will drive out of my way to have a Scotch with you! :lol:

In my opinion, the justice system of the USA is not fair. It is a big difference, if you are rich or poor.

And how the f#*k would YOU know - have you ever lived here? Have you ever lived here and been poor? I have and by your post you don't have a F*#king clue what you're talking about!

You wouldn't even make over the doorstep to the recruiting office if you were unintelligent, not with today's weapon technology...

I see your methods, T4H, make a statement and refuse to back it up with facts. Now you are tired of the discussion??? Guess what, your clock is ticking, PROVIDE THE DOCUMENTED FACTS or be prepared to apologize to the current and former soldiers of the US military.

You ignore this, your days here will be done. Rule number one of this forum is to NEVER disparage anyones military service. You spat in the face of every US soldier with your stupid comment. Fact, apology or exit. The choice is yours. PUT UP OR SHUT the F UP!

Come on, after several years of war, the motivation of the ground forces is down. Every day something blows up somewhere. Someone is shooting on you. Sniper attacks. And most time you didn't see the enemy. What do you fear most? This one, you didn't see. They didn't get enough sleep.

This may be the only part of the discusion that I can comment on. As I sit in my comfy chair miles away from the real work (mostly likely T4 can relate :lol: ), every report I see where the news actually gets down in the dirt with the infantry or whoever, they'r not demoralized. They're gung-ho to get the work done, to help the Iragi people, to finish the job. They're pissed at the insurgents for screwing with the game plan, they're pissed sometimes at the media and how they're portrayed - but not demoralized or fearful. The only thing I see getting to their feelings is being away from home and the loss of buddies.

Its called sterotype and how factual is that?

Oh My !! Geesh.... When I started this thread, with just a little ole letter to
the editor, I never dreamed what a fire-storm I would start. Seems like some
people got their dander up..... and with good reason. I've been gone all day,
and come back to 36 pages of comment. Now... having been former military,
and having fought in a war (italics mine) I would have to go back to the
begining of this mess. Question: what types of crimes would be punished by
five or so years in the army ? Petty theft ? GTA ? I think anything to do with
drugs would/should be out. The military does not need pot-heads.

Would you want to share a tent, or a barracks with a guy who held up a
7-11 ? So it boils down to where the Judge would draw a line. I know of
only one instance of a "join the army or go to jail". Twin brothers I knew
stole a car to go joyriding. Were caught and spent four years in the Army.
Served with honor during Korea and the records were expunged.

So.... could it work ? I think that in 95 percent of the cases, a resounding
NO ! The criminal record would follow you all thru your time in the army.
Guys who would normally be your buddy, would not want to share a tent or
a fox hole with you.

I think it's a very bad idea....

Charles

I hate this...
I said, I want to finish this discussion...

evanglider, you want facts? Or anyone else????

IT is possible, that not every picture text and so on is correct. Some things are in german, there I couldn't find an english source. Perhaps there is something from the second gulf war. I only looked for these things, which seemed to be confirmed. And I found enough other things, where soldiers were talking about war crimes (you tube). I didn't use them. But I'm not perfect.
I made the best job I could do.

1949 Conventions Additional Protocols (1977 and 2005).
International Humanitarian Law - Treaties Documents

convention III
International Humanitarian Law - Third 1949 Geneva Convention

Who are prisoner of war (Part)
Art 4. A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:
(1) Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict, as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

(2) Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:[
(a) that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;
(b) that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;
(c) that of carrying arms openly;
(d) that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

(3) Members of regular armed forces who profess allegiance to a government or an authority not recognized by the Detaining Power.

(4) Persons who accompany the armed forces without actually being members thereof, such as civilian members of military aircraft crews, war correspondents, supply contractors, members of labour units or of services responsible for the welfare of the armed forces, provided that they have received authorization, from the armed forces which they accompany, who shall provide them for that purpose with an identity card similar to the annexed model.

(5) Members of crews, including masters, pilots and apprentices, of the merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft of the Parties to the conflict, who do not benefit by more favourable treatment under any other provisions of international law.

(6) Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.

Art 5. The present Convention shall apply to the persons referred to in Article 4 from the time they fall into the power of the enemy and until their final release and repatriation.

Should any doubt arise as to whether persons, having committed a belligerent act and having fallen into the hands of the enemy, belong to any of the categories enumerated in Article 4, such persons shall enjoy the protection of the present Convention until such time as their status has been determined by a competent tribunal.

>>>>>
The Taliban and the mercenary soldiers, paid by Osama Bin Laden which have been captured, are POW's.
Point 1, Point 2, Point 3.
I'm not sure, that these (in my opinion are Terrorists) you captured in Iraq, are POW's or not.
>>>>>
Art 24. Transit or screening camps of a permanent kind shall be fitted out under conditions similar to those described in the present Section, and the prisoners therein shall have the same treatment as in other camps.

Art 17. (Part)
No physical or mental torture, nor any other form of coercion, may be inflicted on prisoners of war to secure from them information of any kind whatever. Prisoners of war who refuse to answer may not be threatened, insulted, or exposed to unpleasant or disadvantageous treatment of any kind.
><>>
These one, who where released from Guantanamo, or more worse, from the other camps, said something different.
Die Gefangenen von Guantánamo Bay — Amnesty International Schweiz
I saw some interviews with Khaled El-Masri.
Our german problem.
Till now, if it was possible, everything he has said has been proven.
And now we have a problem. In the prison camp in afganistan 2 german KSK soldiers have met him.
He has identified them. And with pictures could be proven, that the german soldiers didn't tell the truth.
>>>>>>
Art 21. The Detaining Power may subject prisoners of war to internment. It may impose on them the obligation of not leaving, beyond certain limits, the camp where they are interned, or if the said camp is fenced in, of not going outside its perimeter. Subject to the provisions of the present Convention relative to penal and disciplinary sanctions, prisoners of war may not be held in close confinement except where necessary to safeguard their health and then only during the continuation of the circumstances which make such confinement necessary.
>>>>>>
The first pictures of Guantanamo. The small jail chambers.
http://www.amnesty.ca/campaigns/no_exceptions/images/guantanamo/guantanamo_action.jpg
Also again these one from other camps, who have been released from other camps. Abu Ghraib is a jail. It is not allowed to put prisoners into a jail.
In Abu Ghraib were also captured Iraqi soldiers.
>>>>>>
Art 3. In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following
provisions:
(1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
(b) taking of hostages;
(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;
(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.
(2) The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for.
An impartial humanitarian body, such as the International Committee of the Red Cross, may offer its services to the Parties to the conflict.

Art 14. Prisoners of war are entitled in all circumstances to respect for their persons and their honour.

Women shall be treated with all the regard due to their sex and shall in all cases benefit by treatment as favourable as that granted to men.

Prisoners of war shall retain the full civil capacity which they enjoyed at the time of their capture. The Detaining Power may not restrict the exercise, either within or without its own territory, of the rights such capacity confers except in so far as the captivity requires.

>>>>>>
You remember the pictures of Abu Ghraib? I do, the rest of the world do.
If not...
To help you.
Bild:AbuGhraibAbuse-standing-on-box.jpg - Wikipedia

No discussion please, if this was correct.
Against convention.
Did these one enjoy?
http://www2.amnesty.de/internet/resource.nsf/res/A985BD55D8682B66C1256EF6004DFA5E/$FILE/guantanamo_soldiers240.jpg
>>>>>>>
Art 34. Prisoners of war shall enjoy complete latitude in the exercise of their religious duties, including attendance at the service of their faith, on condition that they comply with the disciplinary routine prescribed by the military authorities.

Adequate premises shall be provided where religious services may be held.
>>>>>>>
If you carry long hears and a barb because of your religion...
In the first pictures of Guantanamo, I couldn't see someone carrying barb.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/365/guantanamo23us4.jpg
Could you see anyone?

Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and relating to the Protection of Victims of Non-International Armed Conflicts (Protocol II), 8 June 1977.

Art 16. Protection of cultural objects and of places of worship

Without prejudice to the provisions of the Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict of 14 May 1954, it is prohibited to commit any acts of hostility directed against historic monuments, works of art or places of worship which constitute the cultural or spiritual heritage of peoples, and to use them in support of the military effort.
>>>>>>
This also means, that you have protect them of destruction or demolishen.
I remember the US soldiers standing in front of the museum of bagdad, while the civilians were stealing everything.
You also remember?
Museen-Plünderungen in Bagdad "Go in Ali Baba! It´s all yours." - Kultur - sueddeutsche.de

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First Part, more than 10.000 letters...also two parts

Part 2:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArUxgB8oy2g (wounded enemy)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Py_cMPyku4 (bus)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XO1pbS_A7I (killing of a wounded, this one i meantioned, Adler)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xncFaT1CIk shooting with 3 cm on 3 person (3 cm on person is not allowed), then one wounded is crawling away...shooting on the truck and go forward...this is the other one i meant, Adler, stupid music)

Gezielte Tötung eines wehrlosen Gegners in Falludscha
US-Soldaten der 3. Infanteriedivision in Bagdad im April 2003Die US-Streitkräfte leiteten Anfang November 2004 eine Großoffensive (US Bezeichnung Operation Phantom Fury) gegen Aufständische in der Stadt Falludscha ein. Bei dem Einsatz am 15. November 2004 soll ein US-Marinesoldat in einer Moschee in Falludscha auf einen verletzten und wehrlosen Aufständischen gefeuert haben. Der getötete Iraker war dem TV-Bericht zufolge einer von fünf Verletzten, die US-Soldaten in einer in der Nacht zu Samstag erstürmten Moschee zurückgelassen hatten. Die US-Armee teilte inzwischen mit, sie habe die Einheit des Soldaten vom Fronteinsatz abgezogen und eine Untersuchung wegen des Verdachts eines Verstoßes gegen das Kriegsrecht eingeleitet.

By bad luck, I have had to shorten it from 15.000 to 10.000 letters...maximal length...
made an error and lost 4000 letters.

It's too late now...
And I think this is enough.
You asked for proofs?, for facts?
You have them

While it seem you have an extreme ability to "cut and paste" stories about a few bad soldiers, all of what you try to rest your point on was brought out by the American press and sometimes by the US Army so the whole world could see. What is not mentioned is the prosecution and punishment those shown will receive.

So with that said I recommend some more Internet searches, you might really learn something about the US. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back