Just started an other Macchi C 205V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
one more step forward: I added decals, redone individual numbers and given a coat of very, very much tinned down sand color in order to tone down colors, specially red, green and white but also the black of fasces.

DSCN1366-vi.jpg

DSCN1364-vi.jpg

DSCN1365-vi.jpg

Individual nos have been redone because I wanted them to be more consistent to those that can just perceived on the original photo.

I also started working on the landing gear.
DSCN1369-vi.jpg

Cheers
Alberto

Hi everybody,
the Veltro model is now complete, here following some pictures:
Apologize for the background but that was the last sunny place in my flat.

DSCN1374-vi.jpg

DSCN1375-vi.jpg

DSCN1382-vi.jpg

DSCN1372-vi.jpg

DSCN1377-vi.jpg

DSCN1376-vi.jpg

As you probably noticed I added some weathering, some exhaust stain and all little details.
I also redone the individual codes in order to make them more similar to those on the photo I took as reference.
Any comment or suggestion is very welcome as it will be helpful for the next model.
Cheers
Alberto

Pretty Plane!

Does anyone have a pilot's report on this plane? I am curious about the handling and comparisons to contemporaries.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Pretty Plane!

Does anyone have a pilot's report on this plane? I am curious about the handling and comparisons to contemporaries.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Hi Ivan,
if not yet seen, you can find some information, including an allied pilot opinion, in this Wikipedia page
Macchi C.205 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I also have an article comparing Italian Series 5 fighters with German equivalent birds, but it's in Italian, let me know if you are interested.
Alberto

Any idea where I can get a Tail Boom undercarriage set for this model?
Cant wait to start on this beautful model.
thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back