kittyhawk mk iii and spitfire mk vb trop

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Until my xtracrylix curse struck again!!! I had even re-flatted and mixed it properly and it even sprayed ok and I was happy....not now....need another beer!

20140413_194910.jpg
20140413_194818.jpg

A good work so far. I hope the blue paint on undersides is hardened fully. Unfortunately paper towels like sticking to quite fresh acrylic colours.

Oops.. we criss-crossed posts. But as I said above...

Last edited:
This is quite common. Just the blue paint was thinned with a wrong thinner.

Here you are a better stand for keeping a model during painting and hardening of colours... a couple of toothpicks and a piece of the Styrofoam.

143874.jpg

143876.jpg

143877.jpg

143925.jpg

Yeah, i tend to find when balancing it like I have the aircraft have a tendancy to move quite a bit! Then its just the spraying to get right!

Looking great although both of the camo layouts look a little bit strange methinks. Have you followed any pictures or profiles?

Looking good, but I agree about the patterns. Here's a diagram showing the basic pattern, and the 'mirror image' pattern was the same, but reversed port to starboard.

Attachments

• Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 109
Yeeeeah....gonna be honest...I just stink at masking with blu tack hahahaha! Still those plans are 10 times better than the ones I used, I'll use those in future!

The profiles with the decals?....

Yep something like that.

Here you are examples of pictures and profiles...

Spitfire Mk.Vb, AX-N, ER874, "Cirecooks V", N° 1 Squadron, Goubrine, Tunisia, April 1943,

vc-trop_ax-n_er874_1943.jpg

vc-trop_ax-n_er874_1943.jpg

or.... Spitfire Mk.Vc, DB-R, JK815, N° 2 Squadron, Gioia del Colle, Italy, October 1943,

db-r_01.jpg

db-r_02.jpg

2-sqdn_DB-R_JK815_1943.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back