Kiwi Beer and Bits

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

k9kiwi

Staff Sergeant
Jul 2, 2006
Kiwi Land
We unfortunate blokes in Kiwi land have to watch TV commercials like these for BEER all the time.

How much can a bloke take before he grabs one.

Tui

Enter the site and go to Downloads.

This will be an interesting thread once syscom finds it. He will come in here about Budweiser will blow away anything from Australia, New Zealand and the rest of the world. :rolleyes:

He can try.

We don't call it Weasels P!ss for nothing. Most liqour outlets don't even stock that muck.

Truth in Advertising.

Attachments

• Steinlager_advert.jpg
    Steinlager_advert.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,453
Kiwi Air (RNZAF) WW2.

SBD-4 at Whenuapai, Auckland 1943, war weary.

25 Sqn meet their new planes

NZ208 at Wigram, Christchurch

NZ5034 Espirito Santo, hand painted roundel over "Stars" and Kiwi White Bars added. 25SU.

Paddys Mistake Bouganville NZ5056. 3 x 500 pd load out.

F/Sgt C M O'Neil and F/Sgt D W Gray, Paddy's Mistake's crew

Attachments

• sbd4.jpg
    sbd4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 348
  • 25sqnsbd.jpg
    25sqnsbd.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 368
  • nz208sbd.jpg
    nz208sbd.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 361
  • sbdpespiritosanto.jpg
    sbdpespiritosanto.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 346
  • paddy.jpg
    paddy.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 365
And a hint of whats to come

15 Sqn P-40's and Unknown RANZaf Hudsons, Guadalcanal

75 Sqn Lancaster rear gunner.

Attachments

• canal1.jpg
    canal1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 355
  • A04165w.jpg
    A04165w.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 356
Now what is wrong with this picture.

He has just got off the cell phone to his girlfriend.

I will see you in an hour, I am just going into my really expensive gym to use the Stair Walker." :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 24fitness.jpg
    24fitness.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 329
Due to a reduction in volunteers, the Kiwi Land Army has formulated a new defence strategy to dissuade any invasion force.

"We have 90,000,000 potential recruits here" said a spokesman for the Army.

Attachments

• barbara.jpg
    barbara.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 376
Meanwhile in Australia Deer Hunting season has resulted in some good catches during the opening day.

However the National Duck Hunting Association has issued warnings to its members.

Attachments

• huntin.jpg
    huntin.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 386
  • ifduckcouldhunt.jpg
    ifduckcouldhunt.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 652
Gerald, I keep telling you that sense of humour WILL get you in trouble one day.

Attachments

• Penguin-plays-joke-on-Polar-Bear.jpg
    Penguin-plays-joke-on-Polar-Bear.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 315
One thing that annoys me.

People go to great lengths to build a scale lancaster bomber and screw the pooch with the glasshouse.

Read my lips, it isnt a total outside frame unless you are doing a Mk XII Canadian assembled late war Lanc.

Photo 1 shows the normal stuff up made. The outside of all the frames are painted in camo colours. (forget the fact that Hasegawa put the escape hatch 1 frame too far forward)

WRONG

From the second large side windows back, the horizontal frame and the last vertical frame before the astrodome were Black and Inside the canopy itself.

The whole section at the back of the glasshouse was made out of Spruce wood not metal. Thin Ali strips were used on the cross frames on the outside bolted through the perspex and spruce frame underneath.

The rest of the pics are from Air Publications and real planes.

Easiest way is to use clear transfer material and spray paint it black, then set thin strips on the inside of the canopy on the correct lines.

Sand off the existing external frames from 600 to 2000 grit sandpaper and finally polish out scratches with toothpaste.

When you mask off the external framing of the canopy, shoot flat black first, then your canopy colours. This looks "Normal" now when viewing the canopy as they had black interior framing.

Attachments

• DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 153
  • cockpitafpa.jpg
    cockpitafpa.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 150
  • canopy2.jpg
    canopy2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 133
  • canopy1.jpg
    canopy1.jpg