Lancaster Event August 2014 England

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tracker

Senior Airman
Dec 20, 2012
Burlington
Haven't seen anything posted as yet. Any one in England this August will be treated to a once in a lifetime event. Both flying Lancaster's in the world, together. There will be several air displays in the UK with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Lancaster and fighters along with the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Lancaster Canada will be flying in the skies together. After a 4 day flight from Hamilton to Coningsby, the Canadian Lancaster will be performing at Middleton St.George and East Kirkby as well as other events that are still being planned. Some information can be obtained from Lancaster Bomber 2014 UK Tour only for the month of August.
Lucky devils in the UK, wish I was there!!!

Any date for the Middleton St George (AKA Durham Tees Valley) show? It should land there after all it was Mynarskis airfield.

It's a couple of weeks since I checked the BBMF web site - at that time, no firm dates had been announced, just that the planning and training work-up would take place when the Canadian Lanc arrives.
I would guess that the M. St G. appearance will be for the Teesside air show, but could b wrong.
I'm hoping they'll both land at East Kirkby, so that all three Lancs can be seen, and heard, with engines running.
I'm already drooling at the thought of it .......

It's a couple of weeks since I checked the BBMF web site - at that time, no firm dates had been announced, just that the planning and training work-up would take place when the Canadian Lanc arrives.
I would guess that the M. St G. appearance will be for the Teesside air show, but could b wrong.
I'm hoping they'll both land at East Kirkby, so that all three Lancs can be seen, and heard, with engines running.
I'm already drooling at the thought of it .......

Sure will be. It looks like it's going to East Kirkby, and hopefully the BBMF Lanc as well, so I'll be checking regularly to find out when etc.
If they land at EK, rather than just a 'fly past', and can taxy with the 'Just Jane' Lanc, that'll be fantastic !
Oh, and if they do, it'll be three different Marks - Mk1, MkX and MkVII - and I don't know if that's ever happened before !

Hello all,

The following appears to be the confirmed list for August.

DEBEEA31-502F-4122-A480-EDBE2B384BCC.jpg

Edit - just seen the link in first post. Please delete my post of needed.

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
Thanks for that Chris. They all appear to be 'fly past' events, and all in the 'south' too (OK, south and east.) I'm still checking the BBMF site regularly, and hoping there's an event where they both land. If not, I'll have to get my Rs down to Coningsby I guess !

Hi Terry, I can't wait to hear the two flying together. I'm probably going to head south (from the midlands) to the Shoreham show and visit the wings museum while I'm down there. Will also update if I find any more info.

Cheers Chris

Hi Terry, I can't wait to hear the two flying together. I'm probably going to head south (from the midlands) to the Shoreham show and visit the wings museum while I'm down there. Will also update if I find any more info.

Cheers Chris

I think it is a shame bordering on a disgrace that the Canadian lanc isn't coming to Northern England, that is where most Canadians were based. I would rather go to Canada to see it than South England

This is the latest schedule I have.

Below is AIR DISPLAY SCHEDULE for AUGUST ONLY that features both Lancasters. A full schedule will be released in the future that will provide details about visiting us including stops at Coningsby and Humberside, flypasts including Middleton St. George and East Kirkby as well as other special events being planned. Last updated: June 11, 2014

Date Event Location
Thursday August 14 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Eastbourne Airshow Airbourne Eastbourne, East Sussex
Friday August 15 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Saturday August 16 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Saturday August 16 Combined Ops Show - both Lancasters.

Combined Ops Military Vehicle and Airshow Headcorn, Kent
Sunday August 17 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 17 Combined Ops Show - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 17 Sywell Great War Airshow - both Lancasters.

Sywell Great War Airshow 2014 Sywell, Northamptonshire
Thursday August 21 Flypast - RAF Marham - both Lancasters.

Marham, Norfolk
Thursday August 21 Clacton Air Show - both Lancasters.

Clacton Air Show - The official Clacton Airshow Website - Clacton-on-Sea, Essex Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
Friday August 22 Clacton Air Show - both Lancasters.

Clacton Air Show - The official Clacton Airshow Website - Clacton-on-Sea, Essex Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
Saturday August 23 Dunsfold Wings Wheels - both Lancasters.

Cheap fun family day out August bank holiday at Wings Wheels airshow motoring display in Surrey Dunsfold, Surrey
Saturday August 23 Flypast - Carfest South - both Lancasters.

Carfest 2014 - Welcome to Carfest 2014 Laverstoke Park Farm, Hampshire
Saturday August 23 Dawlish Air Show - both Lancasters.

Dawlish Air Show | 22nd 23rd August 2014 Dawlish, Devon
Sunday August 24 Dunsfold Wings Wheels - both Lancasters.

Cheap fun family day out August bank holiday at Wings Wheels airshow motoring display in Surrey Dunsfold, Surrey
Sunday August 24 Flypast - Carfest South - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 24 Little Gransden Air Car Show - both Lancasters.

Little Gransden Air Car Show 2014 Little Gransden, Cambridgeshire
Saturday August 30 Bournemouth Air Festival - both Lancasters.

Bournemouth Air Festival 2014 Bournemouth, Dorset
Saturday August 30 Shoreham Airshow - both Lancasters.

Shoreham Airshow 2014 - 30th-31st August Shoreham, West Sussex
Sunday August 31 Bournemouth Air Festival - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 31 Shoreham Airshow - both Lancasters.

Saturday September 6 Scottish Airshow - both Lancasters.

Scottish Airshow ? Prestwick/Ayr 6th 7th September 2014 | The Scottish Airshow ? Prestwick International Airport Prestwick , Scotland
Saturday September 6 Air Waves Portrush - both Lancasters.

Air Waves Portrush Portrush, Northern Ireland
Sunday September 7 Air Waves Portrush - both Lancasters.

This is the latest schedule I have.

Below is AIR DISPLAY SCHEDULE for AUGUST ONLY that features both Lancasters. A full schedule will be released in the future that will provide details about visiting us including stops at Coningsby and Humberside, flypasts including Middleton St. George and East Kirkby as well as other special events being planned. Last updated: June 11, 2014

Date Event Location
Thursday August 14 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Friday August 15 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Saturday August 16 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Saturday August 16 Combined Ops Show - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 17 Airbourne: Eastbourne International Air Show - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 17 Combined Ops Show - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 17 Sywell Great War Airshow - both Lancasters.

Sywell Great War Airshow 2014 Sywell, Northamptonshire
Thursday August 21 Flypast - RAF Marham - both Lancasters.

Marham, Norfolk
Thursday August 21 Clacton Air Show - both Lancasters.

Friday August 22 Clacton Air Show - both Lancasters.

Saturday August 23 Dunsfold Wings Wheels - both Lancasters.

http://www.wingsandwheels.net/ Dunsfold, Surrey
Saturday August 23 Flypast - Carfest South - both Lancasters.

Saturday August 23 Dawlish Air Show - both Lancasters.

Dawlish Air Show | 22nd 23rd August 2014 Dawlish, Devon
Sunday August 24 Dunsfold Wings Wheels - both Lancasters.

http://www.wingsandwheels.net/ Dunsfold, Surrey
Sunday August 24 Flypast - Carfest South - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 24 Little Gransden Air Car Show - both Lancasters.

Little Gransden Air Car Show 2014 Little Gransden, Cambridgeshire
Saturday August 30 Bournemouth Air Festival - both Lancasters.

Saturday August 30 Shoreham Airshow - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 31 Bournemouth Air Festival - both Lancasters.

Sunday August 31 Shoreham Airshow - both Lancasters.

Saturday September 6 Scottish Airshow - both Lancasters.

Scottish Airshow ? Prestwick/Ayr 6th 7th September 2014 | The Scottish Airshow ? Prestwick International Airport Prestwick , Scotland
Saturday September 6 Air Waves Portrush - both Lancasters.

Air Waves Portrush Portrush, Northern Ireland
Sunday September 7 Air Waves Portrush - both Lancasters.

Hiya Terry, I have it on good authority that the two Airworthy Lancs will be doing a flypast at East Kirby to coincide with a fast ground run of the third. Photographers will be strategically placed so as to capture the impression that the East Kirby Lanc is taking off.
The Canadian Lanc, when it arrives, still has to be checked for a display and airworthiness certificate. The Canadian Lanc will then be able to do some civvie passenger flights...unfortunately all places have been taken though. Hope this helps.
Graham

Last edited:
Hiya Terry, I have it on good authority that the two Airworthy Lancs will be doing a flypast at East Kirby to coincide with a fast ground run of the third. Photographers will be strategically placed so as to capture the impression that the East Kirby Lanc is taking off.
The Canadian Lanc, when it arrives, still has to be checked for a display and airworthiness certificate. The Canadian Lanc will then be able to do some civvie passenger flights...unfortunately all places have been taken though. Hope this helps.
Graham

thanks Nobby

well Terry looks like we have a trip to plan !!!

Thanks very much for the info Nobby. It's not showing on the EK web-site yet, so I'd better keep monitoring it, as they normally limit access to 4,000 bods on show days.
So, Red Two, it's either EK or Little Gransden air show - or both !!!

I'm checking the map and flight prices...

You are very welcome gentlemen...it's something I'd like to do too. I'll ask my source for some more info, but as another little 'taster', but you probably know this already...the East Kirby Lanc is definitely going to be a flyer. Don't know when yet, but when I asked about the grass runway length I was told it would be no problem, just shrubs to cut down and I think a farmer to sweet talk. I'll definitely give you everything I can find out as soon as I know.

Regards,
Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back