Land-lease... ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the link Mitya!
I´m curious- did USSR pay back USA for all these A/C´s,tanks,trucks etc?
I spoke about it by chance with an American last Saturday and he said no, no completely...is there some link regarding this matter?

Yes there it is absolutely not clear what situation. Anyway, I do not know about the USA. To Englishmen like as paid. Recollect a cruiser Edinburgh. ;)

"-the americans and englishes gives the money. we, the russians are giving our blood, so the poland will be ours !"

did stalin really said that ?

As for UK, paid back, in 2006:shock:
Repayment
Large quantities of goods were in Britain or in transit when Washington suddenly and unexpectedly terminated Lend-Lease on 2 September 1945. Britain needed to retain some of this equipment in the immediate post war period. As a result the Anglo-American loan came about. Lend-lease items retained were sold to Britain at the knockdown price of about 10 cents on the dollar giving an initial value of £1,075 million. Payment was to be stretched out over 50 years at 2% interest. [7] . The final payment of $83.3 million (£42.5 million) due on 31 December 2006 (repayment having been deferred on several occasions) was made on 29 December 2006, it being the last working day of the year. After this final payment Britain's Economic Secretary, Ed Balls, formally thanked the US for its wartime support.

Lend-Lease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"-the americans and englishes gives the money. we, the russians are giving our blood, so the poland will be ours !"

did stalin really said that ?

Брехня! ИМХО. But I dont know how really this... Were you say this?

As for UK, paid back, in 2006:shock:
Repayment
Large quantities of goods were in Britain or in transit when Washington suddenly and unexpectedly terminated Lend-Lease on 2 September 1945. Britain needed to retain some of this equipment in the immediate post war period. As a result the Anglo-American loan came about. Lend-lease items retained were sold to Britain at the knockdown price of about 10 cents on the dollar giving an initial value of £1,075 million. Payment was to be stretched out over 50 years at 2% interest. [7] . The final payment of $83.3 million (£42.5 million) due on 31 December 2006 (repayment having been deferred on several occasions) was made on 29 December 2006, it being the last working day of the year. After this final payment Britain's Economic Secretary, Ed Balls, formally thanked the US for its wartime support.

Lend-Lease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ленд-лиз â€" Ð'икипедия

СССР (Россия)

На переговорах 1948 г. советские представители согласились выплатить лишь незначительную сумму и встретили прогнозируемый отказ американской стороны. Переговоры 1949 г. тоже ни к чему не привели. В 1951 г. американцы дважды снижали сумму платежа, которая стала равняться $800 млн, однако советская сторона соглашалась уплатить только $300 млн. По мнению советского правительства, расчёт должен был вестись не в соответствии с реальной задолженностью, а на основе прецедента. Этим прецедентом должны были стать пропорции при определении долга между США и Великобританией, которые был закреплены ещё в марте 1946 г.

Соглашение с СССР о порядке погашения долгов по ленд-лизу было заключено лишь в 1972 году. По этому соглашению СССР обязался до 2001 г. заплатить $722 млн, включая проценты. К июлю 1973 г. были осуществлены три платежа на общую сумму $48 млн, после чего выплаты были прекращены в связи с вводом американской стороной дискриминационных мер в торговле с СССР (Поправка Джексона — Вэника). В июне 1990 г. в ходе переговоров президентов США и СССР стороны вернулись к обсуждению долга. Был установлен новый срок окончательного погашения задолженности — 2030 г., и сумма — $674 млн.

После распада СССР долг за помощь был переоформлен на Россию (Ельцин, Козырев), по состоянию на 2003-й год Россия должна примерно 100 млн. американских долларов. [42] [43]
Ы! :shock:

На переговорах 1948 г. советские представители согласились выплатить лишь незначительную сумму и встретили прогнозируемый отказ американской стороны. Переговоры 1949 г. тоже ни к чему не привели. В 1951 г. американцы дважды снижали сумму платежа, которая стала равняться $800 млн, однако советская сторона соглашалась уплатить только $300 млн. По мнению советского правительства, расчёт должен был вестись не в соответствии с реальной задолженностью, а на основе прецедента. Этим прецедентом должны были стать пропорции при определении долга между США и Великобританией, которые был закреплены ещё в марте 1946 г.

Соглашение с СССР о порядке погашения долгов по ленд-лизу было заключено лишь в 1972 году. По этому соглашению СССР обязался до 2001 г. заплатить $722 млн, включая проценты. К июлю 1973 г. были осуществлены три платежа на общую сумму $48 млн, после чего выплаты были прекращены в связи с вводом американской стороной дискриминационных мер в торговле с СССР (Поправка Джексона — Вэника). В июне 1990 г. в ходе переговоров президентов США и СССР стороны вернулись к обсуждению долга. Был установлен новый срок окончательного погашения задолженности — 2030 г., и сумма — $674 млн.

После распада СССР долг за помощь был переоформлен на Россию (Ельцин, Козырев), по состоянию на 2003-й год Россия должна примерно 100 млн. американских долларов. [42] [43]
:shock:

I believe the final repayment was made in 2007 and the case is closed by now.

Брехня! ИМХО. But I dont know how really this... Were you say this?

Ленд-лиз â€" Ð'икипедия

СССР (Россия)

I´m going to ask my wife to translate this.

The Brits were not responsible for the Lend Lease equipment that was destroyed during the war. That was written off. The equipment they did keep was valued at scrap value. The Brits did not get monies as a consequence of the Marshal Plan. It was figured the scrap value would be useful in rebuilding Britian.

Don't think the USSR ever paid for the equipment they got. But the same could be said for numerous other countries using US Equipment during the war. Most of it was just written off.

The terms of lend-lease were that when hostilities ceased equipment had to be either given back, purchased or destroyed.

I´m going to ask my wife to translate this.

I used the on-line translator, so it might be a bit garbled...

The USSR (Russia)

At negotiations 1948 the Soviet representatives have agreed to pay only insignificant sum and have met predicted refusal of the American party. Negotiations 1949 too in what have not resulted. In 1951 Americans reduced the sum of payment which began to be equaled $800 million twice, however the Soviet party agreed to pay only $300 million In opinion of the Soviet government, calculation should be conducted not according to real debts, and on the basis of precedent. This precedent should become proportions at definition of a duty between the USA and the Great Britain which have been fixed in March, 1946

The agreement from the USSR about the order of repayment of debts on lend-lease has been concluded only in 1972. Under this agreement of the USSR has undertaken to pay up to 2001 $722 million, including percent. By July, 1973 three payments for a total sum $48 million then payments have been stopped in connection with input by the American party of discrimination measures in trade from the USSR (Jackson's Amendment - Вэника) have been carried out. In June, 1990 during negotiations of presidents of the USA and the USSR the parties have returned to discussion of a duty. New term of final repayment of debts - 2030, and the sum - $674 million has been established

After disintegration of the USSR the duty for the help has been renewed to Russia (Yeltsin, Козырев), as of 2003 year Russia should about 100 million American dollars. [42 [43]
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link Mitya!
I´m curious- did USSR pay back for all these A/C´s,tanks,trucks etc?
I spoke about it by chance with an American last Saturday and he said no, no completely...is there some link regarding this matter?

Don't think the USSR ever paid for the equipment they got. But the same could be said for numerous other countries using US Equipment during the war. Most of it was just written off.

I don't know about lend-lease, but I think that the the tanks aircaft given by the UK to USSR in 1941 1942 were a "gift" with no payment.

However I think it would be polite for Russia, Ukraine Belarus to offer a sort of "thank you" for these.

What I think would be most appreciated would be for these countries to dedicate a monument to the 1,000's of Allied sailors who were killed or lost bringing supplies to the USSR. What would be very fitting would be to erect a monument in the capital with a Valentine or Churchill tank, or a Hurricane, Mitchell, Boston, etc. with an inscription something like:

"This tank {aircraft} was supplied by the UK {or US} to the Soviet Union in 1941 {or 1942 etc} and used by the victorious Red Army in the "Great Patriotic War"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back