Last flight for the Canberra

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3 said:
I didnt even know this type of aircraft was still flying.

Most Brits only know because they see it at RIAT and other airshows.

They have served everywhere including the Gulf Wars and where major disasters have taken place. Even by modern standards it has a decent range and altitude performance. The sensors are the same as fitted on the U2 and be default as good as you can get.
The PR9 is a classic in every sense but they must be a nightmare to maintain.

There's a guy in the states flying a Canberra, he landed it in Mojave several years ago. It had cartridge starters that cost $100.00 a start!!!

FLYBOYJ said:
There's a guy in the states flying a Canberra, he landed it in Mojave several years ago. It had cartridge starters that cost $100.00 a start!!!

You should see the black smoke that beast chucks out when it starts!

canberra%20startup%201.jpg

currently the Canberra's the largest aircraft licenced in private civilian hands in the UK (the vulcan's company owed and is not considdered privately owned), i've been keeping my eye on this story for a while, their retirement's been a long time coming, the crash of thei two seat trainer didn't help either, a sad day it shall be..........

FLYBOYJ said:
COmpared to the cost of the fuel I thought that would be next to nothing.

I stand on my head corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back