learning

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alecras234

Senior Airman
Sep 6, 2018
Hi im trying to learn about world war 2. I have typed out a few facts which i'd find easy to remember than reading long paragraphs. could you check them please? can you reword a few if needed?

World War 2 began in
1939, Germans attack Poland
Blitzkrieg used against Poland
Phoney War – 8 months of no fighting
2 days after attack on Poland, Britain and France declare War against Germany
1940 - Germany attacked France and Belgium. (Was that the Battle of France)?
Maginot Line – French line of defense (heavily fortified) along France's eastern border
Germans bypassed Maginot line- attacked through Ardennes forest. (Attacked who)?
The Germans separated the allied forces in France, pushing some towards the French coast.

All sounds fine. :thumbright:

1940 - Germany attacked France and Belgium. (Was that the Battle of France)?
Yes it was.

Germans bypassed Maginot line- attacked through Ardennes forest. (Attacked who)?
France.

Am I right with this information? In the battle of France and the low countries, Germans attacked France through the Ardennes forest and trapped the Belgium army in Belgium and also it separated th3m from the British and French troops. The Germans also invaded beĺgium.

Yes you are almost right.

Germans attacked the Holland, Belgiom, Luxembourg and France at the same time. The France was attacked through the Ardennas Forest.
However, the Belgian Army was defeated in Belgium . Because of the German attack through the Ardennes Forest the French Army and the BEF had to retreat from the Belgiom. The combined Allied Forces were bottled up in the Northern France and pushed down to the English Channel at the Dunkirk.

For example..
The German invasion on France and Low Countries is called the Battle of France.
The German plan of the attack was coded "Fall Gelb"
The German attacked the France and the Low Countries together.
The Fall Gelb started on 10th May 1940.
The France was attacked through the Ardennes Forest.
The Holland capitulated on 14th May 1940.
On the 15th May 1940 Germans broke the French defence at Sedan.
The Alied Forces started retreating from Belgium on 15th May 1940.
On 17th May 1940 German units seized Antwerp.
On 17th May 1940 Germans reached Reims and turning the North.
On 19th May 1940 Gemans seized Amiens
On 21st May 1940 Germans reached the Englich Channel.
The combined Allied Forces were bottled up at Calais-Dunkirk area.
By the 25th May 1940 Germans occupied the entire Belgium.
On 26th May 1940 Germans seized Calais then stopped.
On 26th May 1940 the Dunkirk evacuation was started
The Belgium capitulated on 27th May 1940.

how do i post a file? I want to show a map of facts that ive done with an image which i dont know whether the whole thing is correct

Next to the Post Replay button at the bottom of a post there is the Upload a FIle one. Click it and you will open a file selector for uploading a file from your computer.

When i click on upload file and after ive selected the file it says, the uploaded file does not have an extension. what do i do?

So it is the problem with the file extension. Perhaps you saved it of incorrect file type. The forum system can't open that because it doesn't know it. Please save the file again byt of XLS file type. The proper option you will find and set in the Word file selectior for file saving.

I've started these 8 short facts on the battle of france but im still not sure they are correct, im sorry but i want to get this so its straight in my head. im reading from this site, is it ok? Battle of France Here is what ive done
World War 2 - 1939, Germans attack Poland
Blitzkrieg used against Poland
After attack on Poland, Britain and France declare War against Germany
Phoney War – 8 months of no fighting
1940-Battle of France/German invasion of France and low countries
Maginot Line – French line of defence (heavily fortified) along France's eastern border
Germans bypassed Maginot line - attacked France through Ardennes forest.
The Germans circled the allied units that moved into Belgium divided the British and French troops, some went north towards the English Channel.

im not sure about the last one.

Yes that's correct. Sounds good.

Regarding the last one.. Still not sure why you try to divide the British and French troops. Reading that you may get an impression that the BEF and the French Army were fighting separately. While they kept fighting together. The Dunkirk evacuation allowed to save not only the all British soldiers but also some of the French and Polish ones.

I would say..

The Germans circled the allied units that fought in Belgium and pushed down towards the English Channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back