Look who honoured me with a visit :) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've heard it's quite tasty with a side dish of pasta and a nice hearty green salad. Make sure you have a large glass of Wine to wash the scales down .....
food-smiley-006.gif

Erich said:
I've heard it's quite tasty with a side dish of pasta and a nice hearty green salad. Make sure you have a large glass of Wine to wash the scales down .....
food-smiley-006.gif

Wine? I was thinking a Pitcher of Easy Street Amber Ale....

Erich said:
looks heavily armored doesn't it ? wonder what it tastes like in a soup.....

We got something similar in Canada... Except they are a lot bigger (the size of a beaver) and looks cuter. That specy is protected by Canadian laws. (In other words, if you kill one without any reason, you could get into troubles.)

The reason why it is a protected specy is because that is an animal that can save lives... I mean, if your lost in a forest with nothing to eat, you can easily kill one and eat it. That kind of meat doesn't need to be baked. I wonder what it taste, though.

Here are two pictures of a "Porc-Épic".

Attachments

• porc-epic-500_153.jpg
    porc-epic-500_153.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 250
  • porc-epic_966.jpg
    porc-epic_966.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 249
try pulling those creepy quills out before you roast that critter friend, can tell you they are a fat pain in the butt and the meat is tough, probably since we overcooked the little rascal, and dang no side dish either

Maestro said:
That specy is protected by Canadian laws. (In other words, if you kill one without any reason, you could get into troubles.)

Heh. Ever drive along a New Brunswick highway at night?

Dead porcupine...dead pocupine...dead porcupine...MOOSE!!! :shock: ...dead porcupine... :sleepy2:

that is an interesting thought gents. back in my wooded area the things are kinda of a novelty but if they dig any garden up it is going to be porcupine pie and no-one will be held accountable

That's odd, NS 'cos driving through South Yorkshire you see: Abandoned car ....abandoned car ....burnt out car ....rubbish ....abandoned car ....crashed car ....rabbit ....and if you're lucky ....dead scumbag.

good point Les on the needles. we even used them as tie offs. small they were and flexible we would tie 4-6 of them together, just watch out for the sharp ends. Great little patch/string and thread items they were, easily woven for whatever. then that stupid heavy body to get rid of or I should say the skin-carcass

The first time I met a porcupine in the wild, I sat there listening to the wierdest sound Ive ever heard, for 5 minutes or so, before I was able to locate the prickly beast up in a tree...... The sound it made was almost like moaning....

I beaned it with 3 snowballs and knocked it to the ground.... Then I did a Steve Irwin on it....

You did a Steve Irwin on it? You mean you stuck your thumb up it's arse to piss it off? :laughing6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back