Lost one of my Bark Angels (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm not quite sure how I'll be one day soon.

My old cat (born under my bed 18 March 2001) is running close to the edge - he has been pretty thin for a few months, and no longer eats dry food (although he loves his salmon paté dinner - usually a full can a day). He is also no longer running up the stairs, as his hips are giving him problems (he almost lost use of his hind legs a few months back from a blood clot, and still limps and moves carefully).

Alas, when the day comes I'll really miss being bossed around (he believes that my place is upstairs in our room, and will nag me if I am anywhere else in the house). 20 years is a long time, yet so short.

Kian and I 26-08-09:View attachment 614920

Tonight:

View attachment 614921
Sorry about your fur buddy,hate when they go...
Time with our "Babies" is always too short. I know that we can hope to see them again one day but life down here without them next to us is painful.

Words fail mate. It'll hurt for a while, but think back on all the time they shared with you and know that to them you were their World. And don't hold back looking at any pics you have..,each one tells a story.

Thanks Geedee. I still miss each and everyone of them and remember each frequently. I hate to say it, but I miss them more than the people I've known.

not totally related to this topic, but it's always hard to talk about goners and those who are not among us, anymire! Human, Pets, or even a place, they'll always remain in our memories... my greatest condolences to you, A at6 and GreenKnight121 GreenKnight121 .

I had have a turtle, years ago abd after her death, I was crying for a week! I had her for about 12 years!

Human, Pets, or even a place, they'll always remain in our memories... my greatest condolences to you, A at6 and GreenKnight121 GreenKnight121 .

He's not gone yet - he has now exceeded the 20-year mark, and is still moving up & down stairs, and jumping up onto the bed - he just no longer runs up the stairs, and doesn't jump up onto the desk.

However, having lost his mother at at 17 1/2 in 2013, his father at 15 1/2 in 2015, and previous cats & dogs over my 58 years, it never really gets easy.

People are a whole other story, much harder.

At one time I thought that in the far distant past human beings had done something that pleased the Lord and He sent the dogs to be our companions as a reward.

Nowadays, I think it was the dogs that pleased the Lord and He sent them to us so we could pray for them.

From my favourite cartoonist - all his pearly gates cartoons are spot on
1617312577075.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back