Lost one of my Bark Angels

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
At 7:00 am PST I lost one of my Bark Angels. Her name was Gracie. When my mother passed away on March 6th last year I inherited her.I took her to a 24/7 Animal Hospital yesterday and they did all they could to save her but she had sudden acute Pancreatitis and though some little dogs survive, she wasn't to be one of them. She is and will be missed,

Very sorry to hear that. I lost my Bessie in September. I still can't look at her grave under the oak tree without getting choked up.

My new dog, Sunny, is the most domesticated dog I have ever seen. When I brought her from the SPCA shelter to my brother's home, she seemed to know exactly what was going on and went around and hugged every human being there to thank us for rescuing her. It took her only about 1 day to figure out not to pee or poop in the house. She is not 25% the dog that Bessie was but she is still a treasure. Her first reaction to our predawn walks was, "What are we doing out here in the middle of the night? Are you sure this is safe?" but now she loves it. This morning she had what I would presume is her first encounter with a possum.

DSCF3920.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. When I went to pick her remains up, she was in a nice coffin shaped box with her birthdate, name, and date of passing on the label. The bottom said "In loving memory". I placed a blanket that she liked over her plus an Oinky, and two of her favorite dog treats in the box. Then I buried her next to Corky and sang part of "All My Tears"

"It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away."

100_1842.JPG100_1865.JPG100_1869.JPG

Gracie with Tinkerbell. I had just brought a load of towels in from the dryer and Gracie decided to make a bed of them for a little while.

Thank you all for your kind and gentle words of sympathy. While I grieve at her loss, I also have sweet memories of the little Bark Angel. I still have four more to take care of and find comfort in being loved by them. I will not be bringing anymore of them into my life as the grief is worse with each loss.

I'm not quite sure how I'll be one day soon.

My old cat (born under my bed 18 March 2001) is running close to the edge - he has been pretty thin for a few months, and no longer eats dry food (although he loves his salmon paté dinner - usually a full can a day). He is also no longer running up the stairs, as his hips are giving him problems (he almost lost use of his hind legs a few months back from a blood clot, and still limps and moves carefully).

Alas, when the day comes I'll really miss being bossed around (he believes that my place is upstairs in our room, and will nag me if I am anywhere else in the house). 20 years is a long time, yet so short.

Kian and I 26-08-09:
Kian and I  26-08-09.jpg

Tonight:

Kian 5-3-21.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back