Dan and Bill,
so here´s my story- as you sure know, August 29, 1944 is 'my day'. On that thay whole 20thSqdn from 2ndBG was erased form the sky by Germans from JG300,JG302,JG26 and JG3. 41 American fliers were KIA and 28 of them were buried at the Slavicin cemetery, the town, where I was born and lived till 2001. After I got to know some of the former members of 20thSqdn that survived this battle and got their stories and stories of eye witnesses, I wanted to know something about their former German enemies. I got in touch with some fighters (perhabs Willi Reschke) or their relatives (daughter of Uffz. Hansotto Nehls from 11./JG300).
I knew, that on that day there were 1st,14th and 31stFG groups in the air as well and some of them were successful as well as few Germans went down...
One of the successful American fighters was Lt. Jimmy Brooks, who shot down 2 Bf109´s. Somewhere I´ve heard he´s still alive so I started searching for his address as I wanted to thank him for his help in liberation our country and ask him for a signed picture of him. I asked a lot of Czech historians, American friends, American embassy in Prague, but no result. I almost gave it up...
But last year we have visited my American friend, mentioned in my siggy, in New Jersey. 2 days before our departure, he gave me a gift- GHOST calendar 2006.
I toke a look at the front cover and said:''OMG, Joe, do you know who´s Mustang is that?''
- there was beautiful replica of 'February', that was flown by Jimmy Brooks in summer 1944 from San Severo base in Italy
So after I got back home, I send an e-mail to Phillip Makana, the photographer and the owner of GHOST company asking him for the help in location of Jimmy Brooks. He passed this e-mail to Chris Woods, the owner of this beautiful replica and Chris gave me a mailing address of Jimmy Brooks
But I´d never expect that I´ll get the address of him thanks to my friend, that was forced to jump out from a B-17G on the same day when Jimmy Brooks shot down two Germans

WHAT A CHANCE
Then I sent a letter to Jimmy Brooks and got an answer from him. The end of story
Bill, don´t know if you know it but Martha passed away last year in December.
If you don´t mind could you share Jim´s Frantic story? If so my e-mail is
[email protected]
Attached few pics of Jimmy Brooks and 'February'. The source of the colored pics is Chris Woods and
MustangsMustangs.com | P-51 Mustangs, Ford Mustangs: 2 Classics, etched in history.