Lt. Jimmy Brooks story

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got my DVD and watched it yesterday.
Gorgeous...what a tribute to Jimmy!
Many thanks to Chris Woods, the owner of 'February' replica for this project!!!
Higly recommended for the young generation and all the P-51 lovers...

Update
here´s a part of the answer I got from the owner of 'February':
Jim (Brooks) will be there (FL 2011 at Duxford, England) as the guest of the "Horseman" formation aerobatic team. "February" will also be there as one of the featured Mustangs in the aerobatic act. Jim is now 90 and will be flying front seat, pilot in command in a TF-51 Mustang. The ASB.tv crew will be making a movie about that flight. Should be really great!
Jim's wish has been to fly a Mustang in his 90th year. Incredible!

My PC is getting me crazy so I wasn´t able to post the pictures, taken in Duxford, sooner. So here are they. They were taken during our meeting with Jimmy Brooks. Thank to his granddaughter Virginia who helped us out to make our dreams come true we spent about 20 minutes with Jimmy. We spoke about his memories on Aug 29,1944, when he shot down 2 Bf109 over my born town, toke pics with him and got signatures from him. He even signed a Stuka model for my son. I guess this is the one and only Stuka signed by Jim in the world:)
Unforgetable moments!

Attachments

• pic 317.jpg
    pic 317.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 89
  • pic 306.jpg
    pic 306.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 85
  • pic 307.jpg
    pic 307.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 90
  • pic 308.jpg
    pic 308.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 71
  • pic 312.jpg
    pic 312.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 77
  • pic 313.jpg
    pic 313.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 76
  • pic 314.jpg
    pic 314.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 90
  • pic 316.jpg
    pic 316.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
And here is the reason No. 2 why we decided to go to Duxford- P-51D 'February'. These pics were taken on Sat (July 9) afternoon. We were hanging around Duxford airfield and there was no February on the grass. And then it happened- the hanger door were opened and the tractor was pulling February out...so we toke out our cameras and toke pic by pic...our first meeting with February...

Attachments

• pic 177.jpg
    pic 177.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 63
  • pic 168.jpg
    pic 168.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 84
  • pic 169.jpg
    pic 169.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 79
  • pic 171.jpg
    pic 171.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 69
  • pic 174.jpg
    pic 174.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 82
Oh yes. Once in a life time experience. We even spoke to Ed Shipley, a pilot of February and he was willing to let us climb into the cockpit of February but the airport staff didn´t allow us to go to the machine even after the airshow on Saturday. ****ing rules... I had 3 goals: meet Jimmy Brooks, see February and put my hand on the stick of February. The last thing failed so we all had mixed emotions but the main thing, to meet Jimmy, beat it all!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say that Jimmy Brooks passed away on Thursday, March 12, reaching the age of 99. May his soul rest in peace. Blue skies Jimmy! Thank you for your service and for your share on liberating Europe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back