Lublin R XIII.D (yet to be decided) 1/48 scale Mirage Hobby

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know I know....i have to clean it up with scalpel and make edges more straight. It looks a but rough. Hopefully painting and weathering it will make it appear a bit better.

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 107
Good stuff H. Just take your time and work carefully and methodically, and it'll turn out OK. If you have a small enough file, the inside edges can be filed, if not, then gently scrape the edges with the scalpel blade. Don't try to cut, as this might remove too much, or you might slip and really make it hard to correct. Sort of carefully shave the edges and it should be fine.

I agree with Terry. This is a good way you should follow. And therefore I suggested drilling at top and the bottom endings of the aperture. It is better to cut something going along a straight line than curved one. These drill bits should have given the curved apperture endings. So the first step you did , was OK.

Good stuff H. Just take your time and work carefully and methodically, and it'll turn out OK. If you have a small enough file, the inside edges can be filed, if not, then gently scrape the edges with the scalpel blade. Don't try to cut, as this might remove too much, or you might slip and really make it hard to correct. Sort of carefully shave the edges and it should be fine.
Exactly what I'm going to try today. Thank you T and Wojtek

Whats best way to remove this interior? Just sandpaper?

Attachments

• IMG_2890.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 133
You can rasap down it with a scalpel blade gently and then can lavel out the surface with fine sand paper like it is showed in the second pic of post #27. Of course you can sand down the interior as well.

Appreciate it! Tonight I should get to that, and will grab the necessary items from the hobby shop sometime this week

Alright I worked on it a bit today, Hopefully pics sometime this week! Busy with schools starting!

Alright with everything going on I'm trying to squeeze in time for this here and there. Maybe get some pictures up tonight or tomorrow I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back