Marcel and Adler’s Euro Cup 2024 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not championship material, this Dutch team. France should have scored one or two already.
Exactly, which is why the Netherlands had their goal chalked off, the correct result must be obtained. My wife always said that the referee Anthony Taylor had it in for Liverpool players, he has continued in this game with the same philosophy.

Exactly, which is why the Netherlands had their goal chalked off, the correct result must be obtained. My wife always said that the referee Anthony Taylor had it in for Liverpool players, he has continued in this game with the same philosophy.
I don't know, it was clearly offside. So no goal in my opinion and the right decision of the referee.

Group D standings after two games.

IMG_6348.jpeg

I don't know, it was clearly offside. So no goal in my opinion and the right decision of the referee.
With offside there is active and passive. Many players are offside when goals are scored but not interfering with play so not counted. The French goalkeeper did not move to the ball and the Netherlands player didnt touch the ball. The rule says a player in a passive position must be interfering or preventing an opponent playing the ball. In the English Premier League the only constant is that the big teams get the decision, more than before video referees were introduced. In exactly th same circumstances a goal will be allowed in future for the reasons I have given.

With offside there is active and passive. Many players are offside when goals are scored but not interfering with play so not counted. The French goalkeeper did not move to the ball and the Netherlands player didnt touch the ball. The rule says a player in a passive position must be interfering or preventing an opponent playing the ball. In the English Premier League the only constant is that the big teams get the decision, more than before video referees were introduced. In exactly th same circumstances a goal will be allowed in future for the reasons I have given.
Strange, I always learned that you are offside when there is no-one between you and the keeper and you influence the game. Dumfries definitely influenced the game, being so close to the keeper and the path of the ball. So I can fully live with the goal not given.

Strange, I always learned that you are offside when there is no-one between you and the keeper and you influence the game. Dumfries definitely influenced the game, being so close to the keeper and the path of the ball. So I can fully live with the goal not given.
If Ronaldo kicked the ball, it is a goal, same for Mbappe.

And just like that 1:0 Switzerland
We are watching the Scotland Hungary match because, with unfailing logic, we decided Germany and Switzerland would just mess about for a draw with no injuries or bookings, because they are guaranteed first and second. What we are watching is crash bang wallop nonsense from two teams who should both go home "to think again".

We are watching the Scotland Hungary match because, with unfailing logic, we decided Germany and Switzerland would just mess about for a draw with no injuries or bookings, because they are guaranteed first and second. What we are watching is crash bang wallop nonsense from two teams who should both go home "to think again".

Swiss defense is brutally tight today. Hard to break it.

In the end it really does not matter if we are 1st or 2nd in the group. Our opponent will be tough either way. If we win, we play the second place team between Spain or Italy. We take second, we likely play England.

It is what it is, you have beat the bigger competition to win it.

In the end it really does not matter if we are 1st or 2nd in the group. Our opponent will be tough either way. If we win, we play the second place team between Spain or Italy. We take second, we likely play England.

It is what it is, you have beat the bigger competition to win it.
The group stages now only eliminate the teams at the bottom, Scotland are at present 3rd with 2 points from 3 games and are still in with a chance to progress to the knockout stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back