Matchboxkits.org......down the memory lane....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had to go back here again for a wee walk down the Memory Lane....

How many knew that it was at the end of the 70's that EU regulations said, that there should be no violence on the boxes, so the artwork had to be revised whenever the studio had time to do it? I thought that EU had this brainf*rt much later....

http://www.matchboxkits.org/images/PDF/The_Revell_Matchbox_story.pdf The Revell-Matchbox Story....

Back in the 70s I'd spend my paper-round money at the local newsagents, who stocked a pretty good selection of Matchbox kits. I've probably built most of them in the last 40 years! They tend to get overlooked in favour of more recent offerings nowadays, but they still scrub up nicely and some (like the Wellesley) have never been released by other manufacturers. Here are three fairly recent builds:

Gloster Gladiator in Lithuanian AF markings.
800Glad_02.jpg

He-70 in pre-war markings
800He70_05.jpg

Vickers Wellesley
800_wellesley.jpg

I have a B-17 (?1982 release) still in my stash. Picked it up cheap somewhere sometime ago. Got to love the 3 colour plastic.

I think many of us met these Matchbox kits going along the modelling path.I have still a few of them sitting in my stash and waiting for assembling as well.A few of them I mean P-51,Hurricane,Tempest and Spitfire I made years ago.

Attachments

• Dscn2908.JPG
    Dscn2908.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Dscn2909.JPG
    Dscn2909.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Dscn2910.JPG
    Dscn2910.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 138
The Halifax was quite a nice kit (still is, under the Revell lable). Still got an un-built B17 - a bit plain, but could be made into a reasonable model. I was going to build it as a RAF100 Group RCM bird for the Heavy Hitters GB, but time ran out.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back