Me262A-1/U4, 1/48 Dragon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for your visits and comments friends and colleagues. :arrow::thumbright:

In a small flask where I keep a pre-mixture oil paints and diluted with solvent sprint; I went through panels and rivets ...

354.jpg

355.jpg

357.jpg

The same applies to corresponding to the bottom and separate pieces ...

356.jpg

359.jpg

In the photos that I have, appear aircraft with few chipped, so I tried to do it discreetly ...
Silver color Testors (enamel 1146), is my favorite paint brush, I like it fine blending, consistency and has a high brightness.

358.jpg

I will give it time to dry well ... because I think practicing with pastel paints (chalk) to refine the weathering.

... Here we continue !! ... you soon and many greetings. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

With some artistic chalks I did fine powder; with a little water and a drop of dish soap, various mixtures to apply in the "spine" of the fuselage, and in each wing color.
360.jpg

361.jpg

Also to the turbine apply a finish of dust and dirt with a little grease and oils ... almost ready to be mounted to the wing.

362.jpg

363.jpg

As I've spent time looking for a solution to the landing gear leg; bearing in mind the inclination that it must maintain above ground may.

364.jpg

365.jpg

366.jpg

367.jpg

368.jpg

I need still start the left leg !!! 8-[

... I am now working on preparing the joining of parts that make up the front leg and its position in place ...
I'm seeing is a critical step for my Germano so that it can hold in your own feet, without kinks or breakage RISKS :silly:

Greetings to all the guys !! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Thank you for your support friends in the world! :thumbleft::notworthy::thumbright:

Surely many of you have had the feeling of being just about to go into a threshold, where creativity and perfection to detail might generate a sensation ... both from excitement and some trepidation while ... :robot: ...!

To the base of the leg on the front wheel wall, I had to be reinforced with plastic powder and extra fine glue Tamiya.
After several days of drying (while I used to other things), I had to be sanded the rough end for a good bonding of the leg ... and to enter that small space, ... born this new tool in my belt ...:squarewink:

369.jpg

370.jpg

I had to make the entrance hole in that position for the side cushion could fit the space having the wheel wall.

371.jpg

Had to be several attempts and trials to make the most precise measurements of the wires of all joints for forming the complete piece ...

372.jpg

373.jpg

374.jpg

375.jpg

376.jpg

... It is more or less aligned right?

Last edited by a moderator:
...back...

Thank W. :lilwacko:

... More photos of the front landing gear ...

377.jpg

378.jpg

379.jpg

That difficulty to install the parts in the best possible way !!!, this has been a litmus test in my patience ... I'm surprised not to have throw everything against the wall !!! :zombiesmile:

380.jpg

381.jpg

382.jpg

383.jpg

... I must confess that I really did my best to get the best way to achieve the alignment of the legs, at height and proportional distances ... It has been my biggest difficulty so far in modeling :explosivesmile:!!! ... It is the price to keep improving !!

I'll let the glue do its job ... then I go to the gates of the wheel walls; retouched with paint necessary and finalize details of the bottom ...

I leave you with this panoramic ...

384.jpg

An apology for the vast amount of photographs :rolleyes::oops:; ... are so many details to the different processes, than I trying to be as explicit as to have their feedback, I also wish that might be useful to anyone who has in his hands this kit. :idea::mrgreen:

Thanks for your comments. :thumbup:
Best regards from the heat of Mexico City !! :onfire:

Luis Carlos

I tend to spend a lot of time making sure that wheels are properly aligned as well. It's well worth the effort as misaligned landing gear can take a lot away from the look of a model in my opinion. Nice work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back