Me262A-1/U4, 1/48 Dragon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thank Huge and Wayne for comments; I'm much better and taking care of my movements and posture. I'll be on a rehabilitation therapy for 10 weeks, attending once a week. :thumbleft::salute::thumbright:

Now I was in bed, I could surf the web and do not remember where I found a file where includes a list of colors of military aviation mainly of WWII, by nation, some with reference to its equivalent in Federal Standard .. .and most interesting! ... equivalent Tamiya colors (some with direct colors of the bottle and others with the exact proportions of Tamiya colors that are required to set the tone described)
I decided to test and create the tones RLM 76, RLM 81 and RLM 82

I would love to share this .pdf file; ...so if anyone of you knows how to be able to do on our forum, teach me how I do it and I do gladly. :computer::signyeah:

Meanwhile I explain how I create the color shown RLM 76 for the bottom of the plane.

The proportion is:
- 19 parts of XF-2 flat white
- 06 parts of XF-19 sky grey
- 03 parts of XF-23 light blue and
- 01 of X-23 clear blue

287.jpg

288.jpg

I made an approximate dilution of 40% paint and 60% lacquer thinner.
Were between 2 and 4 thin layers to get the effect that I liked. :5headset:

An overview of my painting workshop ...

289.jpg

... And the result ...:bounncy:

290.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

293.jpg

294.jpg

295.jpg

I hope you like it....:whiteblindfold:

Now working on the second color ...:signcool:

Attentive to your kind comments, see you soon ...:thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Looking good.:thumbright:

If you want to share the PDF file you have to create it firstly with the Adobe soft for instance. Save the document on your HDD and then you can post the created file just using the Upload a File option in the same way you posted pictures here.

I appreciate your support and rapid response Wojtek. :salute:

I will make my first attempt and I hope fit.

I hope the file share, find it useful. Their views and comments are received.

Greetings to all. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Attachments

• MixTamiya LC.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 71
:-\"

Here are the remaining two colors ...

296.jpg

297.jpg

And so it, my containers with my new colors ...

298.jpg

With Micro Kristal Klear, they were installed transparent cockpit ends ...

299.jpg

301.jpg

... Remember the gap in front of the windshield? ...

300.jpg

... I patching with Vallejo Plastic Putty ...

302.jpg

... I'll let it dry for at least a couple of days to dry well and can work with files and sandpaper to give the best possible finish.
I'm thinking that after, I give him a pass with Mr. Surfacer 1200 to cover any porosity before continue painting. Any suggestions on this? :-k :sign7: :-s

Meanwhile I will start working on the pitot with hypodermic needles; repair leg nose landing gear and also wire reinforce what will be the attachment of the two remaining legs.

I wish you all have one week full of all good things having to do with airplanes, plastics, paint and glue hands in !!

Hasta pronto!
Saludos:thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Thanks for your comments :salute: guys. I keep improving the injury on my back, I thank Geo.:thumbleft:

I gave enough time to settle the transparent parts in the fuselage and able to work with more confidence in that hole in the windshield.

304.jpg

305.jpg

I decided to remove the bottom of the mask to improve work :rolleyes:... I tried before with liquid mask, but I did not like (not I show you the pictures !! ... lol :oops:)
And I do better liked with Tamiya tape and using templates with a new #11 knife
306.jpg

307.jpg

The pitot was ready! ...

303.jpg

Now that I took the time to work on my P-47 (I took it out from abandonment :|) and get into so many little details; I want to give myself the time to do my best ... but is urgent start painting !!!! (Andy & Wayne, I assure you already want to paint ... I have enough photos and images to try for the first time a beautiful camouflage for this great airplane)

I think the Germans have the most, rare, colorful and artistic camouflage of WWII, what is your opinion?

I hope to start today !!
Happy Thursday to all !! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Finally using the airbrush again !!! :Fade-color

The paint that will be seen from inside the cockpit, the inside of the cover compartment gun and inside which the turbine will be mounted...

308.jpg

309.jpg

After a laborious work with tape, finally was the mask that will cover the sides of the fuselage, and to paint ...:toothy2:!!!

311.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

It's my first time that I apply the mottled :toothy9:... add a little more Tamiya lacquer thinner and lowered pressure airbrush to 6 to 8 psi ... I think it's acceptable ...:whiteblindfold::signquestion:

... A panoramic painting area with some reference images in the lap ...

310.jpg

As the second color will go over maskin tape, I'll let the paint dry for a couple of days ...

I hope you enjoy it the painting process and your comments are welcome.

Hasta pronto y feliz fin de semana a todos! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back