Melbourne Hot Rod Show 2008

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
From the 25th till the 28th of January Melbourne has been holding the annual Hot Rod show. Since 1965 this has existed so its well and truley an institution.

Melbourne is about 60kms from me so I drove in today and put up with city traffic for these shots. Enjoy.

First picture i took walking in. These rides that are outside were driven in by owners going to see the show. The car park was as good if not better than the actual show itself.

Some nice kit car Cobras. Running windsors with Jaguar they make a nice handling car. A lot of the kit cars I've noticed are starting to run 427s now. Can't get much better really.

Simplicity itself.

First of the show cars. A beautiful 56 Chevy this things paint was a mile deep. Some killer chrome and detailed. Yet picked up no silverware just to show you the standard of the cars to come later as I post. Note the inset bowtie in the boot floor. Nice touch.

Another view of this car. Lines are crisp, simple paint scheme keeps it from being uncluttered. Killer!

Ill put some more up as I go. I have some from last year I haven't posted. I just got to busy last year to finish putting them up.

Cheers.

Thanks Wilbur.

Again great paint. I quite like cars done in this shade of lime green.

This gorgeous 58 Belair is really something special.

Another shot of this car. One of my favourites for the show by far. Took 6 years to build and finish. Running a 400 SB.

A very cool vette. Complete with Fonzie cut out in the background!

I've read about this 57 chev and know its only travelled 1km since its rebuild. It is magnificent completely built to stock standards of the original model. A few added horses from some very minor head work internally. Note model on the parcel shelf.

Thanks guys. Theres some muscle coming dont worry Jason.

Another shot of this gorgeous car. If you cant tell I really am in love with it.

This 57 could have rolled off the showroom floor 51years ago.

Old school is best. Can't beat a flat head.

Nice mix of retro and older styling in this custom. Note the machined firewall.

This car cleaned up about 6 awards. It is a work of art.

And the interior, note beige carpet really practical :lol: But hey its a show car what do we expect.

Classic yellow, white and black. Sweet8)

There was this sweet Kawasaki Zr 1200 with this airbrushing that I though the metal heads, myself included would like.8)

And the pillion with Iron Maiden! Seeing them in 8 days!!!!!!

Just screams Old School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 39 Ford

Heres some more guys, again sticking with the immaculate 'stock' appearance. These cars dont need customised they were born customised.

This amazing Thunderbird. Check out the chrome and boot lining. Spare wheel just highlights the detail in this thing. I love the gunmetal colour too.

The paint is very deep. Major work has gone into the paint and panel prep.

Yellow pretty popular on the old steel bodies, you can see why.

Running an interesting chev engine.

And a fact file about the above car.

A nice 36 Plymouth salt racer complete with moon discs and header mega phones.

Cheers Wayne. Got some more. A breif description as there is a few of the purple car. Retro interior, nice pearl in the paint. Cant go wrong.

Pretty awesome Triumph bonneville bobber with rigid frame. Not sure if you can see the kickstarter but its a set of brass knuckles :lol:

And hence the tank name.

And again this gem. The actual display stands for these cars are almost as impressive as the cars themselves.

sorry been rather busy but heres some more shots......

rather mint ford.

For some different to the usual 32 a 33...........

Some Aussie stuff now, a hq monaro with Premier front end. Running a crate engine from the U.S this particular engine is rather large at 572cubes.........

this one makes me weak at the knees.........

Finally older brother of my car a 1972 LJ Torana.. running the slightly bigger than original 3.3 Straight six.

This has a 6.3 stroker engine in it, I imagine it doens't hang around :D

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back