Messerschimitt BF 110G-2 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not bad so far. A bit of work on those wing roots should sort it out. I remember having quite a gap on the underside of one wing joint, which I filled with plastic strip.

Very nice cockpit work I really like the instrument panel nice work. I'll follow this as I have the G-4/R2 setting by my side. It will come along soon enough.

Many thanks for joining.

The wing came factory defective, a piece of hot plastic kit fell on and damaged the side of the radiator empenou and was totally destroyed.
I glued and screwed with Ca, repeat the process several times until satisfactory.

I apologize to the friends, my English is poor, and if I can not write something I ask help for google translate.

If you go to Revell.com they will replace up to 6 parts free of charge for you. It may take a couple of weeks but the are really goos about this. They onl task what the kit number is and what the part is and a brief explanation for the loss or damage. They are real good.

Your English is fine - 100% better than my Portuguese. As Don says, Revell are very good at replacing defective parts.

Thanks.

I try replace the damaged part with Revell.com. Them say not have this kit in line.

So, i prefer repair this part.

This kit is no easy. the engine are difficult in assembly, and have some gap and need some putty.

I like use Debonder,is a remover from CA and my debonder is over

I try using Ca like a putty, but is hard for sanding because if you force you can you miss some scriber.

Well i'll go continue with assembly.

Kogyro, Look on Revell's site, find the instruction for the current release of the kit! (I just did this) firnd the kit number from the current release and find the kit part number and order that way. The kit is 1/48 Bf 110 G-4 Nightfighter Plastic Model Kit
Product ID: 80-4857
Overview
Skill level: 4
Scale: 1:48
Length: 266 mm
Wingspan: 345 mm
Parts: 133
Description
Lichtenstein is 'listening'

Messerschmitt Bf 110s were introduced in 1937 as formidable Luftwaffe heavy fighters. Lack losses suffered during the Battle of Britain caused the Bf 110 to spend the rest of WWII as night fighter. Their "Lichtenstein" radar was primitive but plenty good enough to hunt down British heavy bombers. The heavy guns and high speeds of these aircraft allowed many German pilots to claim ace status while at the helm of the Bf 110. One such ace, Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer, is credited with downing 121 British bombers in a Bf 110.

The part is 5 or 6 depending on which side it is. If you have an OOP kit, the kit number is normally the only thing OOP. Just find the current kit number. Also there are some subs as well the same kit parts are in the G2 and G4

Actually, that is interesting and I'm wondering if it is colourized. There appear to be 3 types of greys there - 02 on the lower portions of the pit, 66 on the instrument cluster and an intermediate gray on the sill and canopy frames.

Users who are viewing this thread