Messerschmitt Bf 109 1/72 kit (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Apologies. As I don't normally build 1/72nd scale kits, I hadn't realised this kit had been re-tooled. My previous comment was based on my experience of the kit in the early 1960's, 1970's and early 1980's, when it was really bad, as confirmed in the review you posted.

Hey Tony.

I found a pic of the 109 I'm building and discovered a swastika on the tail. I was advised and have since found you can buy scale swastika sheets. I've searched and found them available here in Oz, am waiting for some as we 'speak'

I assume that as the swastika is illegal in parts of europe model manufacturers leave them off the models.

cheers
pete

if they got bent out of shape over decals they would probably really spaz out over this huh?? hmmm maybe ought to start a thread on war memorabilia..

Attachments

• swastika.jpg
    swastika.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
There's a thread on Militaria already going, as there are a number of collectors here, der Adler being an enthusiastic collector of WW2 German material and uniforms etc.

Back to the Bf109G kits of 1/72 scale. I think that the Fine Moulds kits are nicer that the Airfix ones.

Back to the Bf109G kits of 1/72 scale. I think that the Fine Moulds kits are nicer that the Airfix ones.

Probably are, though I haven't seen one myself yet. But they're far more expensive too.
Example of prices in our local currency (all models in 1/72 scale and found in same hobby shop):

Academy Bf 109G-6 = 700 RSD,
Airfix Bf 109G-6 = 680 RSD,
Fine Molds Bf 109G-4 = 2500 RSD :shock:

(RSD = Republic of Serbia Dinar; 1 Euro = roughly 100 RSD)

Last edited:
Yep..you are right Igor. These Fine Moulds kits are expensive. But looking at them you would say they were worth of the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back