Messerschmitt Bf 110......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Having the number of '110's that I have, 6 (thanks to, he who shall not be named), 3 G-2's, C, E and a G-4 and more possibly later, missing the D, I thought that I maybe could get a thread going for any questions that I might have...

Looking at the decals coming with the Eduard '110E and ZG1. This gentleman, Herbert Kutscha, was he the top scorer in ZG1 and the '110 with his 22 aircraft, 41 aircraft destroyed on the ground, 41 tanks, 15 locomotives, 11 anti-aircraft guns and 157 transport vehicles?

I also try to find out more on Rolf Kaldrack... Don't know if I should do the Kutscha S9+NN or the E that Kaldrack was killed in, S9+IC, Wk. Nr. 4057....

Other than that I've only got the C, which will become (in time) Bf 110 C-4, Wk. Nr. 3588 and LN+DR from Z-Staffel I./JG 77, which was lost on 19.07.41, when shot down by AA-fire around Warlamowo, crew, (F) Lt. Dietrich Klappenbach MIA (Bf) Gefr. Rudolf Methke MIA....

So that leaves another two G-2's a G-4 and a D, when I get my dirty mittens on one....to find suitable subjects for.

What differed the C-4 from the other C zerstörer -1, -2 and the -3 variants?

ok, how about ZG 2 or ZG 52?

Attachments

• bf110c.jpg
    bf110c.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Bf-110_A2+AL.jpg
    Bf-110_A2+AL.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 247
So,you don't want me to do a ZG 1, but instead a Espr 210 in BoB, which later became SKG 210 and later ZG1, so in reality you want me to do a ZG 1 when they weren't ZG 1....they just didn't know it.

My head hurts!

or maybe an original LG 1 machine?

Attachments

• Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-427-0412-033,_Flugzeug_Messerschmitt_Me_110.jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-427-0412-033,_Flugzeug_Messerschmitt_Me_110.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 160
Did they ever find out what happened to Major Erich Groth from Geschwaderstab of ZG 76, they found his '110 after two years north of Bergen, was he shot down or?

Same with the '110F-2 with Uffz Bruno Assmuss, pilot, and his Bordfunker, Gefr. Erwin Härtel.....from 13.(Z)/JG 5. They went MIA on 2 September 1942 and was never heard from again...

What differed the C-4 from the other C zerstörer -1, -2 and the -3 variants?

To answer that one, you need to go no further than Vasco's excellent book "Messerschmitt Bf 110 C,D, and E An Illustrated Study"

Changes from C-1 to C-2 included the deletion of the port aerial wire so that there was only one wire from the post to the stbd fin. Also, the antenna at the wing root changed from a sloped, stubby affair to a longer, more slender and vertical profile. The C-2 also added a bit of riveted metal sheet at the wing root fairing and a small air inlet on the engine cowlings just forward of the exhaust stacks. I think your Eduard kit will have these. There were also some changes in the cockpit. Your Eduard C kit will reflect a C-2 or later.

The C-3 was a limited production run quickly superseded by the C-4. It had some upgrades to the radio and improvements to the canons that the C-4 would standardize.

The C-4 was essentially a C-2 with improved MG/FF 20mm cannons. This did away with the tub underneath the cannon ejector chutes that collected the empty casings. Also, some time during the C-4 production run, the radio operator's MG changed from a hinged piece that rotated and stowed in a recess on the stbd side of the fuslage to a centrally mounted deal. This was sometimes a field mod. Your Eduard kit, I think, gives you options for both with corresponding rear canopy types.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back