Michael ( Parsifal ) passed away (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello all,

I'm not on much anymore. I think the last time I came on was few months ago. But I am saddened by Parsifal's passing. I enjoyed chatting with him about the Pacific War, and he was willing to help me out with questions I had about the Java Sea campaign. My deepest condolences to his friends and family. And to you all as well.

Respectfully,
VassiliZaitzev

I am fortunate to have in my publications and threads, several comments, timely, enriching, encouraging and motivational, ... that today come to my mind with admiration, respect ... and much pain, ... until today I find out of the irreparable loss of Mike (Parsifal).
I did not have the opportunity to know him better, but it is enough to observe the amount of people "touched" by him and the great words that are mentioned in his name, to value the friend, the man and a member of this great family.
Thanks TeChNoWC, for sharing the news with us as well as the amazing photos of Michael, I extend my condolences to you and your family.

Thanks Marcel for sharing what Mike wrote in 2008, that let me know more about our friend (# 51)
To you, Bill, for that great work, to be and to attend on behalf of many to the last abode of Mike (# 103)
As Ralph Haus (# 115) mentions, we can see and feel the "special" nature of the people who make up this heterogeneous but very unique international forum. "We are all lucky to belong to him"
To which DerAdlerIstGelandet very aptly adds: "... the forum is only as strong as its members make it (just like a family), and the members of this forum are what makes it so special."

I have learned a little more about you all, with your comments and words expressed; ... as several have mentioned here, the approaching and better knowledge of all of us, is medicine and health for our souls.
We already have our lives sold, ... today we are here, tomorrow we do not know.
For now, thank everyone for being...

... and, Mike, go paving the way with Cheese, Cory, etc ..., in some time we can be together again and enjoy what comes next.
Soy un Caballero Águila que alza su copa por ti Mike, buenaventura. :pilotsalute:

Just reading this now - I am very shocked, and very sad.

Michael, you will be missed here. My condolences to your family, and my prayers to you with my deepest respect.

Blue skies my friend.

Last edited:
I didn't see this until now. And I only found out yesterday, I'm very sorry to hear this news. I hate to hear that someone younger than I have passed. He will be dearly missed here and my sincere condolences to his family.

I am very very sad from the death of parsifal. We had strong discussions in this forum, usally we disagreed, but i just read about his passing and i am socked. Life is so short...

I am sad to see him gone. I always found his posts to be both enlightening and thought provoking. For some strange reason, whenever someone mentions "revisionist history" I smile inwardly and think of Mike, recalling a post of his on that subject. Life is strange and much too often, like when one reads such news, it's just sad. RIP Mike, I will miss and remember you.

:pilotsalute:

Last edited:
Yeah, I miss him a lot, too. Funny, after all these years. He added a lot, here, though, and was very knowledgeable. Shot me down a few times, I know. Taught me a thing or three, for sure.

What a pity another great loss, another comrade who left us, I hope as we Republicans say here in Spain "that the earth would be easy for him"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back