Military Aviation Museum in Va Beach VA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Our G4 is going to be a flyer, it is in fact a Buchon with a DB 605 just like "Black 2" and "Rote 7". It will sound just like Rote 7, it is in Meier Motors in Germany. Those guys are the best in my opinion and they built our old "White 11" FW 190. The pilots name of the G4 was HPTM Klaus Quaet-Faslem of I/JG3. The guy shot down a B17 then flew the plane into a side of a mountain.

Thanks Dave. So basically, what started as a '109 G, but going back to the original spec engine. Nice one - it would be nice to see more 'Buchons' with DB engines, and perhaps the 'European buyer' of the 'Connie' Edwards collection may re-engine some of those he doesn't sell on.

How many restorable DBs are out there I wonder...

Thanks for getting back Dave. Looking forward to seeing this one in the air.

CAM00935.jpg
CAM00936.jpg
CAM00938.jpg
CAM00939.jpg

My job was to just hit the brakes, had a lot of fun

Hey Hey Hey......I am in the right place at the right time lol and I am sure that any one of you guys would be in my position, you would jump on it with a SH!@ eating grin. The way I see it, I get to keep our TRUE American history alive and I am blessed for this opportunity.

The landing gear needs to be cranked from the inside, 22 or 23 cranks brings it up or down. No need to pump hydraulics like on the P40 so the only way that landing gear will move....if the pilot cranks it up or down. Otherwise the Wildcats landing gear will stay in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back