Military Members post pics of you in your uniforms.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is our Division staff they think that we should all look the same and Army of One. So our Division does not let us wear the standard Flight Suits and instead makes us where Aviation Battle Dress Uniforms that look like regular Army Uniforms but are made of Nomex for flight operations. It is gay!

:lol:
I don't think it looks gay, but I can understand your frustration. When the three services of the Canadian military were first unified into the Canadian Armed Forces back in 1968, everybody had to wear the same Army style green uniform. It was downright sh*tty! Sailors and airmen looking like ground pounders! That lasted right up until 1984, when separate uniforms were finally reintroduced.

My cousins who'd joined the Navy in the 70's hated it. The distinctive service uniforms brought a bit of pride back to the Navy and Air Force for a time. Until the big cuts started again. :rolleyes:

Awesome uniforms Alder! Leader of the Drill Team? Thats pretty cool! If i join Color Guard next year, i might get to use the M1 Garand. But i was reading about Drill Team and found it to be more challenging an outdoor like.

So im going to join Drill Team next year because it sounds fun and very interesting!

We hate it because as aviators we want to wear our flight suits and look like people that fly.

It is not really a cost saver even because it still very different. It is basically a one piece flight suit that has been cut in two parts.

Camo does look cool. But you are right Alder, they should let you guys wear your flight suits although your greens looked awesome!

It's different between countries too. In the Canadian Army, "greens" refers to the camouflage combat uniform. Their equivalent of a class-A is called CF's. I think the Brits call the combat uniform "greens" too, but I'm not sure.

Especially when you realize how many different uniforms a service can have. Look at our Navy. They have so many I think they are talking about cutting them down to only 3.

Urm.. As far as I know, in the British Army they just call them CB95 or DPM's. (Disrupted Pattern Material)

Or more unoffically; "A sack of shit, tied up with green string in the middle."

Well "Disruptive Pattern" would be the official name for ours too, but the boys just tend to call 'em greens usually. Or tans, when they finally got the desert sh*t. Took 'em long enough. I can't remember what they call the arctic crap. Probably just "arctic crap". ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back