Mirage F1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
A bit of confusion going on here, what's the difference between this Mirage F1 kit....

53186SDC13720_zps38539057.jpg

....and the one I have, which is this one...?

68403SDC16867_zps5cbc0fa4.jpg

Just the design of the box art work old boy. From what I remember the ESCI kit (pronounced Esh-she, I believe, the initials meaning Ente Scam bi Coloniali Internazionali, or Company for International Colonial Trade) was an early production F1, and was re-boxed by Revell, back in the early 1980s.
ESCI are no more, although many of their moulds survived, and are now under the Italeri (was Italieri) label, with others under the AMT, Ertl and Revell labels, among others.
I have no idea what that kit is like, as some ESCI kits, at the time, were good (for the period), and others very basic. The Tempest V springs to mind, being extremely basic, although fairly accurate in outline, and, years later, it formed the basis for the expensive Eduard kit, utilising the same basic parts, but with many Eduard bits and pieces.

Much obliged old bean!
It's not bad kit, good for starters as you could say, quite fancy getting another one....
Some may say that them famous lines are a bit on heavy side and simplistic, but again....it's a good start.

Yep, many of the old ESCI kits can be made into nice models. I'm looking forward to (eventually) getting around to building their Jaguar GR1, alongside the Heller/Airfix GR3. I did one back in the early 1980s and, as you say, it was a good starting point, and with a little extra work and some scratch-building, produces a nice example of the Jag.
I've been considering (just considering, mind you!) getting a Mirage F1 to keep the two Mirage III's company - because they're French .....

It makes a good starting piece for other varients of the Mirage, I know that a couple guys have converted one form of this kit into the Peruvian Mirages :D :)

Did they have big woolly hats and striped cloaks, with the jet pipe making a noise like Pan pipes? I'll get me coat ...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back