Mistel combinations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bobbysocks, i had been at lang vei in '67. we knew that the hammer was going to fall. da nang had sent supplies and we had an interlocking mutual defense agreement with the marines at khe sahn (about 7 klicks west). friends, later on, told me what happened. early in the AM 12 PT-76 tanks hit the camp. the cardboard LAWs we were issued were junk, bounced right off the tanks. fortunately the camp had 2-105mm recoiless rifles, which took out 7 of the tanks. the commander at khe sahn refused to send help. later that day, westmoreland ordered the marines to send aid along with a volunteer SF force which flew in from da nang. about 2 months later the "surprise" tet offensive hit

i do remember reading that account....way back like in the mid 80s in a soldier of fortune mag. if you were that far north...you were pretty close to my B-I-L. dont know where his hospital was but not too far from there. from what i gather it wasnt a suprise ( tet ) to anyone but the upper brass....tho i guess we should be talking about this in a vietnam war forum...haha.

lang vei is in the NW corner of vietman just on the border of laos. most of the hospitals were on the coast. when you get the chance see if you can find out where he was in vietnam. 5th SFG was based in da nang while i mostly worked out of BMT (ban me thout

i will. he wasnt in a hospital but more of a MASH type unit. out futher to the "front" if you can even use that term with VN and you cant....but closer to the firebases ( i do believe)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back