MK's first 'warbird' (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Royzee617

Tech Sergeant
Apr 6, 2005
MK UK
dspace.dial.pipex.com
One of the best (few) local historical attractions in our fair city is Bletchley Park. I have only been there a couple of times but it is a great place if you like WW2 anc computers.

It just got even better - see photo - the local ATC has been given a genuine 'warbird'. This is a Harrier GR3 which saw action in the Falklands.

Hope to pop down and see it soon.

BP is where I filmed the Lanc and Spitfire of the BBMF.

Attachments

• harrier-bp_592.gif
    harrier-bp_592.gif
    649.8 KB · Views: 595
An intriguing notion that never came to owt - Tornados in the USAF.

BTW I have just bought a new scanner toy to play with. I am trying to work through my pile of photocopies and get them on the computer so I can throw the originals away.

Attachments

• ew-tornados-for-usaf_423.gif
    ew-tornados-for-usaf_423.gif
    446.3 KB · Views: 585
Royzee617 said:
so I can throw the originals away.

I presume your'e backing up multiple times on DVD-RW, hard disc dives etc.
But keep the really good originals because paper is still alot more sturdy than any current digital storage

Please don't stoke my paranoia any more...') I have so much stuff that needs archiving reading etc. Same goes for audio and video. I lose sleep wondering whether my discs will endure. I have been doing all sorts/ Floppies (too small) flash USB (still a bit small), Zip (clumsy and incompatible) CDs (OK but how long will they last?) DVD -R. +R, and RW (argh!) Never mind the medium what about being able to find a computer and s/w to read them?

Then you should keep dupes of the back ups in different locations (Ihave a locker nearby in the Big Yellow Box for that). oh it goes on and on.

Another part of me subscribes to the notion that we are in a waterfall of information so just let it wash over you and await the next lot.... life's too short!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back