Modeling heaven and modeling hell.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can see long discussions taking place over the BBQ and a few beers at the camp site at Fowlmere - especially as I'm in a similar position. Or will be, just as soon as I can get the commission builds finished, and when my bl**dy hands start working again!
Just why do we keep buying more kits, when we already have a lifetime supply waiting to be built !??!!!

I can see long discussions taking place over the BBQ and a few beers at the camp site at Fowlmere - especially as I'm in a similar position. Or will be, just as soon as I can get the commission builds finished, and when my bl**dy hands start working again!
Just why do we keep buying more kits, when we already have a lifetime supply waiting to be built !??!!!
I am sure there will mate.
Defiantly want to do an RAF jet with a quicker build thrown in for good measure

Trumpeter (?) doesn't help either with their new, upcoming 1/48 Westland Whirlwind, need/must buy one (at least), for the bird that was flown by a Swede.....

Oh how we suffer.....

You all remember that I said I wasn't going to buy any more kits, apart from the forthcoming Revell RAF Ventura, and the Airfix Gnat?
Well ... er.. ahem !
I was wrong - just won a Hasegawa Hurricane!

That looks like,.... oh it is, my Eduard 110 loop areal, 2 weeks after it went ping, Heaven. Hell, Oh bugger it is going to mess my paint job up putting it on.

I'll call this Modeling Limbo untill I get it all organized after the major part of our move is complete!

Now I can use the one I built, center, for big birds, and all the 48th scale in the Ikea Billy cases. All my model stores are in the bottom of the Billy cases!!!! It will be heaven.

Attachments

• modeling Limbo.jpg
    modeling Limbo.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 66
Story behind that prop is....
the instructor of the A&P school who taught the Wood, Fabric and Dope section that I got myself into needed a sign for his little business. When I delivered the sign, "now I don;t have much money" was the old song I got. He had replaced a prop on a Chief, this was the Old one. Six months, one flight. The plane sat out in the weather, never covered the prop and it became unserviceable, it started de-laminating. So it became Mine!

I'm liking my little set-up.

Another week and I'll be back on this bird. Wall painting is getting in the way!

Nice one Bill. I got a glass fiber cast from a prop in a similar way. The guy was making them, finishing them in the colours of the owner's aircraft with a clock set in the boss, and I got the prototype.

putting together a beautiful aircraft, then realizing you forgot to put in the joystick.....

Or maybe it's the latest 'thought transference control system' aircraft ...............

That would be my little woman's control over me! She thinks I should KNOW what she wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my modeling heaven finally. I added a glass shelf top and bottom of the top section, they're all 6" (150mm) apart, just right. Now I have room for maybe 20-24 more. Using the glass center case for working models and finished biggens. Amazing how much I can fit in the bottom sections of the wood cases. All my spares, tools, paint and containers with parts of underway kits.

Closet in the spare room we put shelves in the hanger section. I have two, and they are 36"x18" (900x450mm) enough for all me Other stuff. We are liking our new digs.

Still at the end of the dining room table. But I can clear it in a flash for guests and dinners.

Attachments

• Heaven.jpg
    Heaven.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread

Back