Modelling Magazines

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wurger

Siggy Master
Staff
Admin
Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Poland
Polish modelling magazines MiniReplika ( MiniReplic ) and SuprModel.Very nice magazines with model kit reviews, reportages of buildings, drawings, profiles... very useful for all modellers.

Attachments

• Dscn1008.JPG
    Dscn1008.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 266
  • Dscn1011.JPG
    Dscn1011.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Dscn1014.JPG
    Dscn1014.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Dscn1015.JPG
    Dscn1015.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Dscn1016.JPG
    Dscn1016.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 263
  • Dscn1017.JPG
    Dscn1017.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 261
Just noticed the mags Wojtek, they look very good. Some of the British ones are quite good, but all very much the same, and recently seem to be stuck on doing models with lots of aftermarket accessories.
I sometimes have a little laugh, when I look at some of my mags from thirty or more years ago, and compare them to todays magazines. Especially when I see the prices of kits then. As an example, the average 1/72nd scale fighter-sized kit, about 25 to 30 years ago, would cost about 60 to 75 pence - now, the same kit would be about 4 to 5 Pounds!
When Airfix first announced the 1/24th scale P51D Mustang, in 1972, I think, it was £2.75 - now, the same kit, I think from the same moulds probably, is £44 !!
A magazine then would cover conversions and scratch-building. About the only after-market accessories were some vac-formed canopies and conversion parts, and a few white metal pieces, but lots and lots of decals, especially the much-missed Microscale! Resin and photo-etch were just about coming onto the market, the latter for such items as aircraft ladders. Photo-etch in kits, and pre-painted photo-etch hadn't been heard of, and the only colour in a magazine would be the cover !
How things have changed!

Mini Replika have just updated their website. There is a photo gallery and the contents of all the issues are listed. All back issues are available I think but difficult to obtain if you live outside Poland.

Witamy na stronie magazynu Mini Replika

Model Hobby was another good magazine but no longer published. Sometimes it has captions in English as well as Polish. I think all the issues are still available and can be ordered from the Warsaw Model Centre.

Internetowy sklep i portal modelarski modelarstwo, modele do sklejania, warhammer: WCM - Warszawskie Centrum Modelarskie.

LOTNICTWO z SZACHOWNICA a historical magazine that deals only with Polish aviation. Polish only text but many photographs. Some scale plans and profiles. Again all the back issues are available but difficult to get hold of outside Poland.

::: LOTNICTWO z SZACHOWNIC¡ ::: czasopismo mi³o¶ników historii lotnictwa polskiego :::

The current issues of LOTNICTWO z SZACHOWNICA and Mini Replika can be ordered from the Jader Shop.

JADAR-MODEL - THE BEST POLISH ONLINE HOBBY SHOP IN NET

Both the Jader Shop and the Warsaw Model Centre have English versions of their websites.

They also have a few back issues as well as some other Polish magazines. They have just added some Russian magazines as well to their inventory.

I received my quarterly update catalogue from Osprey today; here are the latest releases, for January, February and March respectively, together with ordering details. Might be of interest to some of you.
Terry.

Attachments

• Osprey 002.jpg
    Osprey 002.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 282
  • Osprey.jpg
    Osprey.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Osprey 001.jpg
    Osprey 001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Osprey 003.jpg
    Osprey 003.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 267
Anyways, there are no really good modeling magazines here, I mean Finescale modeler is great (Have 2 or 3 issues) but its 50 dollars for 6 issues. But some of the guides you get in Revell/Monogram kits are nice too. I have 3 or 4 of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back