Modelling Tools and Equipment.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is my temporary set-up, still looking for a permanent place. Not shown is a pillow case attached over the exhaust to catch excess paint. The label says its 1/40hp running at 2200rpm. As mentioned above it was used to extract moisture from pulp samples in the papermill I used to work at. The front opening, which measures 18.5"x16.5" had 2 sliding doors which I removed to make the larger opening. A quick look online shows that the blower/exhaust is worth $1900 which includes a plexiglass enclosure. My 1:48 Harvard mule for scale

1590082186257.png

Jesus, I am waaaaay under-prepared for this hobby...
Don't worry, I started with 1 paint brush and a starter set of paints. I used these tools to build a Jeep Wrangler. Now, I have over 100 different brushes, 2 or 3 of each color in existence that have paints, and I am build planes for modelling shows. Even if you are struggling to spend a ton of money, only get bare essentials (paint, X-Acto, paint brushes.) Even to this day, most people have nice model setups, I just have an old desk and some cardboard so I dont damage my desk.

IMHO eleven years has been enough for Les to gather a nice set of modelling tools.

As a demonstration of my lack of control :laughing6: - recent additions to the toolkit...

RB Productions Tools.jpg

The local online hobby shop has not had RB Productions stuff in stock for over 12 months. They finally got some in last week so I decided to go "all in" and get everything I had been looking at. Already used the scale rule and getting the scriber unpacked, hoping that they work as good as they look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back