Moral objections on warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
That is true, unless they are killing them in the war themselves!
Heh! Good point. :roll:
 
On the topic of memorials, if you ever get the chance, visit the Australian war Memorial in Canberra. This place is fantastic. They have the wall of honour which has the name of every Australian killed in every war, The beautiful tomb of the unknown soldier, an aircraft hall which contains a Lanc (G-George), Me262, Zero, Spitfire, P40 and a Mossie(I think). This place has so many artifacts it would take you a good two days to check everything out proper. One of my favourite exhibits is the Japanese midget sub that attacked Sydney harbour. Truely an awesome place!
 
A genuine midget sub, eh? I'd really like to see that. :cool:
 
Yeah, cool. :cool:
 
plymouth's in devon............
 
Heres some info on that E-boat restoration Lanc. and a couple of pics for you Adler.
E-boat to be restored at Marchwood: German WW2 torpedo boat (Schnellboote) S-130 - known as an E-boat (Enemy War Motorboat) - has been towed from Germany and is now at the British Military Powerboat Trust's base at the former Husband's Shipyard, Cracknore Hard, Marchwood for refurbishment.
 

Attachments

  • s130_e-boat_1_143.jpg
    s130_e-boat_1_143.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 494
  • s130_e-boat_2_185.jpg
    s130_e-boat_2_185.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 494
  • s130_e-boat_3_126.jpg
    s130_e-boat_3_126.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 490
Nice pics Trackend... lame post for me, I know, but it's been a while since I've been here and I have to reaccomodate... chat you later ppl... Nice to see you all again...
 
Do you have any info on its history, such as what it was doing the last 60 years?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back